• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Monmouth Reenactment

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith

45 Cal.
Reaction score
These are from Monmouth last weekend.
P1010043.jpg

Form the Light Infantry Drill by the 3PA LI
P1010049.jpg
More LI drill demonstration.

P1010065.jpg

From the battle the Highlanders and riflemen in open order.

I also posted some pictures in the cannon forum.

Brings back fond memories, the last time I was there was for the bi-centennial battle reinactment. PS I were a rifleman-50cal. Dickert. Bill

I went as Continental Line rifleman but, the Crown forces were outnumbered so we took the King's shilling for the weekend. :redthumb:

Wow! that's alot of Rebels no wonder we lost Sunday!

Les, it was good to meet you, your wife and Ninja. Hopefully we will meet again at some other events.

I'm not sure what the Scots are dressed as. I am not sure what Regiment they were with, Black Watch maybe? :redthumb:

It's the Black Watch - 42nd Highland Regiment. Most of their officers and not a few of their men were Campbells. The Black Watch were "government" highlanders in the Jacobite Rebellions, so they were mostly made up of pro-Hanover Scots. Not many Stewarts or MacGregors in the 42nd!

Yup, the Campbell tartan is based on the 42d Black Watch tartan, or also known as the Government sett.
You do know that the 'family' tartans were invented by the English in the 19th century, don't you? Before that, no Scottish family laid claim to any particular tartan, in fact the clansmen would wear one style for the kilt, another for their jacket, and even a third for the hose or bonnet. Early paintings of these guys look like a color riot!!

Back