• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Matchlock Rifle build

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks bud, that darn lever, every time i pick up the gun i`d squeeze it.
Fixed that!!!! :thumbsup:

Finally shot her off a rest today, that is one accurate barrel. :thumbsup:
We were shooting about four inch groups at 80 yards.

besttarget.jpg

Turned out real nice Pitchy. Looks like it shoots pretty darn good to! :thumbsup:
You ought to be right proud of yourself!!!

Thanks Gents :hatsoff: have shot around a hundred balls through it now and it`s working good. :thumbsup:

Thanks bro, it was one of those pop into your head out of nowhere things. It was a chalange getting the linkage right so it would open right.
Works as a saftey also, ya can`t prime the pan with match on the gun.

Golllllllllie!
Next thin ah knows hees a gonna put sumthin on thar that dumps tha powdar doun tha borr an dropps ah ball in on toppa it an ramms it home too boot.

Al hee wil hav ta du is jus sit thar on his but an wurk tha littl laver bak an forth whil hee is a blowin on tha match.

:rotf:

Yur a dooin gud thar PP :hatsoff:
zonie

Thanks Gents :hatsoff:
Things changed by necessity :thumbsup: I`m already thinking of a way to keep that match nice and brite. :haha:

"I`m already thinking of a way to keep that match nice and brite."

OH NO! NOT THE BLOW TORCH STRAPPED TO THE SIDE OF THE STOCK!!
Say it isn't a Bic lighter your going to add.

Just funnin wit ye.

Keep up the good work. :)
zonie

I`ll probably give up the idea though the match dying down is a weak link, i have aimed too long several times and stuck the match in the powder with no ignition.
Maybe i just need to pull the lever faster so the movement of the match itself perked her up a bit. :rotf:

Ya! Just keep flicking the lever up and down to keep a nice breeze blowing on the match. Then when you get serious about shooting it give it the old "big squeeze" to touch her off. :rotf:

Back