• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Impossible Shots

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreyWhiskers

69 Cal.
Reaction score
A guy from another BP forum mentioned that he will be featured in a Shooting USA television special called "Impossible Shots." It runs Wednesday, Aug 19th on the Outdoor Channel. Not sure what he does but he'll be using a flinter.

GW

I JUST SAW IT........It put to rest ANY question of BP Rifles being in-acurate or slow or ANYTHING.

This guy had a laid back attitude, and showed us how you do it...RIGHT.
From using the horn to load a pre-measure to cutting of the patch at the muzzle.

Distances shot looked to be 40ish yards shooting charcoal tied to strings.....DAMN :shocked2: .

Made the hairs on my neck stand to attention.

BP / Flinters Rule :thumbsup:

Great public relations.

Yeah, I watched it last night. The guy did a great job of presenting flintlocks and history. And he's a great shot too. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: GW

He has been on for a couple weeks now. This is great for our sport, maybe a few more people will pick up on the fun. :thumbsup:

Saw something very similar on the outdoors channel where the gentleman with the flintlock cut the card in half on his first shot. Then the host/"great shot" couldn't with three shots from his "modern" black powder rifle. The host even missed with two broadheads. It was fun to watch. :grin: :grin:

Saw another episode today where the guy shot eggs hanging from strings. He shot one still egg at 50, one swinging egg at 50 and another still egg at 100. Very encouraging display for the traditional community :grin:

Grey Whiskers said:
Be sure to email Jim Scoutten [email protected] and let him know you enjoyed seeing the guy with the flintlock, George Sutton. GW

George Sutton,,,,?? from Maine, I believe, shot against him at the flintlock frolic in Vermont in August..(well, he was there shootin, and I was there shootin...at the same targets, but I wasn't shootin against him! :rotf: ) gees. 3 days- 3 woodswalks, for combined score he won! :shocked2: ..by alot! :rotf: yeah he's pretty good! nice guy too! :thumbsup: course that Mike he hangs with... :confused: :rotf: :rotf:

Yeah that's the guy. There was another episode on today but my DVR missed it. :hmm: There will be another episode on next Wednesday at 7pm eastern. George mentioned that they are shooting more episodes for 2010. :grin:

Keep sending positive feed back so we can see more of the flintlock guy. GW

Is it a Mike that we're familiar with?

Is it a Mike that we're familiar with?

not from the forum...(less he's got an undercover alias! :shocked2: ) but he writes for a magazine dealing w/ ml's an trekking, and such..once in awhile..there was George, Mike, an Dez at the Vt shoot..great guys, great shots, :shocked2: and dang funny too!

Back