• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Filled my lion tag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great cat, nice job! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
How long did it take you to get in place for the shot after you spotted him? And, how far did you have to move without getting spotted?
You really need to give us the whole story! :wink:

Amazing! You are a skilled man indeed!
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Tell the story, tell the story!

Steve

Greenmtnboy, AKA Dances With Cats,

:rotf:

My wife was walking by while I was reading the thread and I pulled up the pic and says "look at the cat this guy got with his .45 ml!" She walks over and looks at it and says "what is he doing, dancing with it?"

What an incredible adventure.
That looks like a huge cat.
Kinda looks like you are doing a waltz.
If you are not careful, People will start calling you names. How does Dances with Cougar sound.

Seriously. Life can be one big adventure if you are man enough to grab it and it looks like you grabbed a a handful that day.
Congradulations.

PJC

Hay guys,
Thanks for all the props!
The story.
I have pulled a lion tag for the last few years because it's the Co big game animal I feel would take all my skill to harvest with a muzzleloader.
I harvested a black bear in 96 with my muzzleloader, spot and stalk and figured it would be much of the same.
I was wrong.
I live in the backcountry on a migration path so I see anywhere between 10 to 15 lions a year eather when I am sneeking the woods or behind a spotting scope.
Now that I have a four year old daughter playing in the front yard I am a little more vigilant about bears and lions cruzing through our property.
Two years ago I had a huge tom hanging around my house during the elk migration so I set about trying to connect with my flinter.
I called him ping because his pads were as big as ping pong balls I guessed him as 175 to 200 lbs.
I caught him off guard and had him dead to rights but is was 10 below zero and my frizzin froze to my pan and created a hell of a hang fire and I send that ball over the back of him.
You ever sneek up to a house cat an goose it?
That cat musta leaped three feet straight up and hit the ground running.
So this year when I caught up to this one hanging out a little to close to the house I did it right.
Usually if I find a female a little to close to the house for comfort I call up a buddy and have him run it off with his hounds but this one was all mine.
In the last twenty years of elk hunting and guiding I have had two or three sneek in behind me wile I was calling.
Kind of unsettling when you get the prickles up your back and turn around to see one behind you.
All the more reason to carry a fire arm at all times.
Glad yall liked the pic.

Greenmtnboy said:
DSCF3848.jpg

brother, :bow: :bow: :bow: !!!!

wow, to sneak up on a cat w/ ml, that is something!!! :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

(you look more like a cinnamon bear nowdays, that is what confised the cat a little bit? :wink: )

nice picture GMB

...was just about to ask .... when you got done dancing with that big ole puddy-tat in the picture did you make a rug outta him...

good show ,we done and all that.

...now what grizzly with a flinter??

marmotslayer said:
Greenmtnboy, AKA Dances With Cats,

:rotf:

My wife was walking by while I was reading the thread and I pulled up the pic and says "look at the cat this guy got with his .45 ml!" She walks over and looks at it and says "what is he doing, dancing with it?"

Haha my wife said the same thing! and also asked why was it wearing booties?

If I ever got a mountain lion I'd make a hat like Buckskin Bill. The tail would go down my back and could be wrapped around my neck and face when it got really cold.

I do have another question. What recipe and method do you plan to use when cooking it? I have heard mountian lion meat is rather tasty.

Great shot and I am envious of what you have accomplished.

Trophy of a lifetime there! I don't know anyone else that has killed one w/a traditional ML spot and stalk.

YOU GO BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup:
Wess

Back