• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Filled my lion tag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenmtnboy

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Finally after two months of spot and stalk I connected with a decent male.
150 lbs
30 yrd shot
45cal TVM Tennessee poor boy flint 42 inch Greenmtnbarrel
I spotted him stalking two cow elk so I just snuck in and got in between.
I gave a distressed calf call and stopped him.
All I could get was a neck shot but it dumped him.

DSCF3848.jpg

Great Hunt. A trophy in anyone's case. Its particularly nice that you were able to use your traditional MLer for the kill. Congratulations! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

:thumbsup: Very nice trophy indeed! Made all the sweeter with blackpowder I'm sure. Mount or rug? Now that's the question?

Had to do a double take on that pic. At first glance it looked like the two of you were dancing and I was thinking "I think I'd choose a different dancing partner." Congrats and thanks for the pic. And who says patience isn't a virtue?

This is one H**L of an achievement!!! :shocked2:

I suspect that a spot and stalk lion would have to rate as one of, if not thee, most difficult hunts in North America. Maybe the most difficult in the world.

Congratulations on elevating ml hunting and all hunting in general to a new plateau.

That is flat out awesome. What a way to do it!

Congratulations and a fine shot indeed.

Brent

That is a real trophy! No question about that! I am envious of your hunting skill and marksmanship.

marmotslayer said:

I suspect that a spot and stalk lion would have to rate as one of, if not thee, most difficult hunts in North America. Maybe the most difficult in the world.

Congratulations on elevating ml hunting and all hunting in general to a new plateau.

I will second that. I have only seen one cat and most people never see one. To get one like that is amazing. :thumbsup: Ron

Either you're a runt or that's a heck of a cat. You hear about 150 pounders, but this is probably the first one I've seen, no matter what anyone else claims.

Had a family friend who was a government trapper when I was growing up, and saw most of his cats. Got an uncle that is still hunting cats on horseback on his place at 76 years young. He's weighed a lot, and I don't remember any that topped 110 or so, and they were BIG. But not nowhere near as big as yours.

I've seen my share alive too, but always on accident. Never hunted them, but tried to sneak on them a few times, for the heck of it. Might as well have been wearing bear bells and whistling, they spotted me so fast.

Sincere hats off for a successful spot and stalk on such a fine cat. :hatsoff:

NICE!!! That settles it, I'm gonna try to make it to the Crested Butte rondy this year just to
A. Shake your hand
And
B. Listen to you tell the story of the hunt around a fire.

You rock Nathan :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Idaho Ron said:
marmotslayer said:

I will second that. I have only seen one cat and most people never see one. To get one like that is amazing. :thumbsup: Ron

Im amazed! That is awesome. You have passed into a whole new level of hunter.

Congrats!!

I'd have to say that sneaking in "front" of a cat while it's sneaking in on something else would have to be unbelievably difficult. It just goes to show what real patience can do for you. It also shows the results of a well placed shot with even a "little 'ol'" .45 ball. If you've got the time, I bet there are a bunch of us here who'd love to hear the whole story....please!!

Thanks for posting the picture!

Dave

Back