• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Filled my lion tag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are a few trophies and the stories behind them that really get me excited about hunting and this is one of them. :bow: Except I can do without the snow. Some of us South Texas boys are thin blooded. :shake:

Waltzing Matilda that is some cat and what an awesome story, awesome shot and dang thats a big cat. I don't think I'll ever walk in the Rockies again without at least a .45 or .357 on me again.

Hope you let the folks at TVM hear about this and please write up a story and send it in with pics to Muzzleblasts or your favorite mag and I bet you anything you get published and you'll get a check for it to help for tanning supplies.

Congrats and thank for sharing the story with us. Sounds like you live in a little piece of heaven.

B

Con grats and great job. I would love to get a big cat like that. Hope you have many more great hunts.

I didn't think my respect for your hunting prowess could ever grow but was dead wrong. Spot and stalk on a cat with any weapon, let alone a traditional ML, is beyond impressive. My hat is truly off to you. :hatsoff:

I can't even begin to guess how hard it would be to stalk a cat!

My hat is off to ya! :hatsoff:

Decent male? I'd say so!! Wow - that is something to be proud of. Congrats!! :hatsoff:

I think I'd have at least a loaded 1860 in a flap holster as a backup if I was stalking one of them!

What's next? Siberian Tiger? :haha:

Wow!

Outstanding!

You don't find those running around in Vermont anymore!

Simply amazing!

Job well done!

Doc

You done goooood old boy. Now your tom cat will have something to sleep on.

That is an incredable story and one for the book. I wonder how long it has been since a hunter has stalked and took a male lion with a muzzle loader?

Congradulations.

Ronnie

I wonder how long it has been since a hunter has stalked and took a male lion with a muzzle loader?

That's the first spot and stalk lion I've ever heard of with any weapon. Surely has been done but this may be the only ML spot and stalk lion. I know one guy who called one while coyote hunting and killed it with a .223 (he had a lion tag).

I think more lions get "called" and then slip away than many callers realize.! :shocked2:

What everybody else said and "IT TAKES BRASS ONES" to do a hunt like that. FANTASTIC!!! :hatsoff: :thumbsup: :bow: :v
Dusty

Cougar Schnitzel

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2 large boneless cougar steaks
1 lb. bacon, salami or spicy sausage

Mix: (will curdle a bit)
1/2 cup of margarine melted
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp. lemon juice

Mix:
1/2 cup fine bread crumbs
1 cup of fine crushed corn flakes
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. parsley
1/2 tsp. paprika
Salt & pepper

Pound steak until 1/2” thickness, cut into 2”³ wide strips, top with salami or bacon. Roll up and secure with a toothpick. Dip in moist ingredients, then coat with dry, place in greased pan and cover. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake 20-30 minutes more.

Congrats on the lion trophy! I chased lions around New Mexico back in 1994 for 10 days with hounds before I got to pull the trigger. Lion hunts are special.

I tell ya what GMB you just joined the ranks of guys like old Ben Lilly congradulations. I took a shot at a mountain lion a few years ago just to scare him off an see him run, I swear I never dreamed he would take an run straight towards me. It sounded like a freight train coming up the hill. I don't know what made him chane his mind but he did. My first reaction was to run like a little girl for about 20 yards to an open area I'm ashamed to say, that was my first run in with a good sized cat. I take my hat off to ya GMB you are the man.

Now thay's what I call maken memories. You'll have this for a long time to come. Congradulations :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :hatsoff: :hatsoff: Teton Ted

Just had to bump this up. My son came home for a few days before school starts and I told him this story, hunted up the thread and let him read it. We just sat and talked about how hard it would be to stalk a cat. I'm still just shaking my head to think about it. I don't know if I made it clear way back when just how impressive this is to me. :bow: :bow: :bow: :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

I don't think these old bones could do it any more but if I wanted a guide for a Elk hunt you would be at the top of my list, and if anybody ever asks me you'd be the guy I recommend.

It just blows my mind. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back