• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

February 2022 Postal Match

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok gents I got mine done, I chose to use rifle I picked up on here couple weeks back. It's run of the mill Ivestarms HawkinISH, I'm not finished with its "tuning up" but figured let's put a few thru it. Had fun good target idea this month. Landed 1 each quadrant, I erred on caution from x worried about penalties I suppose ya actually penalize yourself that way 😅, no guts no glory. Thanks for putting this on again much appreciated.
20220211_122955.jpg
20220211_123014.jpg

Took time to try another target with a pistol, I didn't shoot "traditional" I did use a two hand grip. Pedersoli .44 cap gun, also a recent acquisition, LOVE IT.
Now not to seem crazy, but it kinda likes a .433 ball sans patch makes for fast easy loading and accuracy is combat effective I'm sure for target shooting a proper size patch would tighten things up. Enjoy beautiful day the Lord has provided today.
20220212_121630.jpg

Ranchroper, it's just a standard 8.5"×11" piece of printer paper, just draw it out with some nice fat lines (the fatter the better for the rest of us 😄)

Glad you guys are enjoying this one! I hope to get out and participate in this one again since I've missed the last two.

Chris

Well, this didn't turn out well! Hard to see the aiming point for these old eyes. The upper hole in the bottom quadrant was supposed to go into the LH section. We had a fun time shooting this target in spite of the cold weather here in Georgia! Can hardly wait to see what we will be shooting at in March:ThankYou:

February 2022 Postal Match Target.jpg

Shot it this morning.

-10F at the range....the last shot to the right was with frozen fingers but oh well....25 yds off hand....no wind thankfully. Will email it this week when my fingers thaw out.

Pedersoli Frontier Percussion .50
50 grains Triple 7
.010 patch
.490 ball
PhotoFunia-1645475982.jpgPhotoFunia-1645476091.jpg

Thanks for hosting the match, RR :)

Shot it this morning.

-10F at the range....the last shot to the right was with frozen fingers but oh well....25 yds off hand....no wind thankfully. Will email it this week when my fingers thaw out.

Pedersoli Frontier Percussion .50
50 grains Triple 7
.010 patch
.490 ball
View attachment 123626View attachment 123627

Thanks for hosting the match, RR :)

Dang it. I should have drawn my own target like you. I might not have hit that fat line from my printer. Haha.

Good Job, RR, especially with conditions, Eric

18* and warming. i really like this Ardesa. my patches were freezing as i tore them off. lubed with moose milk. got tired of working on my new build so i shot . reminds me why i am building the things!
do these have to be mailed to qualify?.
View attachment 124523
Nice Job !
I picked up an older Ardesa 50 awhile back, and finally shot it last weekend - Really liked it also !

I shot my target today. This is the first time I have shot a target for the forum. It was fun getting out today and do some shooting. I will try to get my target posted on here tomorrow. I will also post a link to my Youtube channel showing me shooting it. It looks like there are a lot of people on here that share the same passion as I. Shooting Black Powder. Happy shooting everyone.
IMG_1024 (2).JPG
32 Cal Side Slapper (youtube video)

Last edited:
I post marked and sent in my target today. I know it is just for fun, but I would like to know who won. When and where are the results posted? Unless I am just missing it, I have found no results for past targets.

I post marked and sent in my target today. I know it is just for fun, but I would like to know who won. When and where are the results posted? Unless I am just missing it, I have found no results for past targets.
The results will be posted here on this thread. Generally around the 10th of the month to allow enough time for all the targets to arrive and be scored.

Back