• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Eastwood Cap 'n Ball Movie

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not Josey Wales, Not Pale Rider. All I can remember is a scene where he's in his hotel room and he's cleaning(?) and/or loading 2 cap 'n ball revolvers, I believe they're Colts but can't rememberwhat model(s).

Any help?

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly has a scene like that, just before Eli Wallack and his henchmen enter the room.

The only Eastwood movie I remember when he wasn't shooting Colts was Pail Rider and that was a Remmy......

Thanks, guys! I think it is in "The Good,...." At any rate, I just bought an Eastwood collection of 4 dvd's: "Fistful of Dollars", "For a Few Dollars More", "The Good..." and "Hang 'em High" and the next one in line to be watched is "The Good...." so I'll know for sure pretty soon.

"Pale Rider" had a bunch of Colt 1860 Armies, all of 'em shot by the bad guys. There's one scene where all 7 marshalls are lined up shooting the poor drunk who hit it rich, I stiopped the frames a bunch of times just to see those Colts all in a row!

Speaking of shooting the poor drunk, you did recognize the scene as being "Shane" redone didn't you? Pale Rider is a morph of Shane and the Eastwood one where he paints the town red.

True indeed. There's another thread for us.... best western villian.... can't beat Jack Palance in Shane or Lee Marvin in Liberty Valance.

Shane is the second best western ever, The Searchers is first.

Pale Rider is a rip off of Shane but no where near the quality or entertainment value.

Blue Duck was a pretty worthy outlaw in Lonsome Dove but not a maine charicter.

one of the eastwood films they put up a late 1800s date and clint is riding a brand new 1970 bonna allen roper saddle. i wanted one so bad. took the edge off the rest of the movie for me.

Watched the last hour of "The Unforgiven" last night. It was the least worst thing on TV at that time.
They didn't show close-ups enuf of the revolvers to tell what they were.
In the big scene Clint had a misfire on his sxs shotgun but still managed to take down a room full of guys shooting at him using his revolver.

AMC channel starts running "Rawhide" next Saturday morning (April 20)! I think they'll air 3 or 4 episodes each Saturday. I learned that while watching episodes of "The Rifleman" yesterday.

"The Rifleman": Father knows best with a 92 Win SRC .44-40! Them were the days.

AWRIGHT GUYZ, LISSEN UP! First, the scene I was thinking of was most definitely "The Good...." It was a '51 Navy. And there were a few more Colt copies in the movie, but they looked like they must've been those "fantasy" '51 Navies in .44 because they were pretty big.

Now, here's the real straight dope on Shane. The BOOK is a thousand times better than the movie. "Shane"'s got NUTHIN to do with Alan Ladd or Jack Palance or ANYbody outta Hollywood. It is one of the absolute best books written in the 20th century and leaves the movie chokin' in the dust.

You are right about Shane!

I have always wondered why no one ever filmed the book? It is so much better than the movie.

Foster From Flint

The book is very good indeed. It's better than the film, but I do like Jack Palance.

Swarthout's The Shootist is also better than the movie, even though I like John Wayne. Of course, that's pretty common with books made into films, from Northwest Passage to Gone to Texas/Josey Wales.

Back