• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dutch's system works

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dutch ... it is 45 grains for a distance of only 55 yards (+/- 50 meters) ... not 550 meters ...When you visit the Pedersoli website, (under 'support') you can find the recommended loads they give for their guns, and the maximum loads.... You will find some interesting loads for their small caliber rifles... But like I stated before: only target shooting - no hunting!

TankaI still find such wee loads remarkable.
It took me 15 minutes to read your post with a magnifying glass so I won't be able to explore Pedersolis web site.

I may have to give up bothering all you people as reading the posts, enlarged to the max with magnifying glasses is about impossible so while I;ll keep on trying this may be my farewell post.

Dutch Schoultz

Dutch

Almost all web browsers can be set to enlarge the size of the letters you see.

To adjust "CHROME", click on the three bars in the upper right hand side.

You should see ZOOM.

With a post like this open, click on the + side of the 100% and see the text getting bigger and bigger.

With "OPERA" there is a MENU button at the top of the screen. Click it. ZOOM is towards the top.

With "FIREFOX" click the three bars at the top of the screen. There is a 100% at the top with a + on the right. Click on the +.

With "MICROSOFT EDGE" there are three DOTS at the upper right of the screen.
Click on them and a menu will open showing ZOOM at the top. Click on the +.

Hope this helps in keeping you here. :)

My daughter drops by once a week and that's about it.

I will continue to try and read and reply but It would help if folks would use large type and be as brief as possible.. Some wee questions arrived cloaked in the History of Mankind and its damn near impossible to me to inch my way through.

I want people to have to go to all that bother just for my convenience.

I will be losing my Car in the next several months. . My insurance has just been doubled to unafforabilty and I think I'm getting the idea that I should just shut down and see if I cab get my son or daughter to continue sales of the System but I think everybody has the System or has already rejected it without knowing what it is.

Vio;in music in the background. Forgive me.

Don't put off things you hope to do because you may look up one day and realize you've missed your chance.

Dutch

Correction,
In a preceding post It says
" I want people to go to all this bother etc,

The word "don't" seems to have not appeared in that sentence.

I acknowlege I feel that I am becoming a pain in thee lower lumbar region andI certainly don't want people to have to put up with my encraischg handicap.

Apologies

Dutch

No apologies necessary compadre. We learn and have learned so much from you. You've helped this sport immeasurably. All the very best now and in the future!! :hatsoff:

No Dutch I'm getting 2 inch groups at 50 yards which is good enough for Deer hunting and about as good as I can do with my old eyes.
I have had one group about 1 inch for three shots at 50 yards. My load in my Rengade .54 Hornadys .530 ball patch 1/7 and .018 thickness 90 grains Pydrex and Remington Cap. I do know I have no excuse if I miss a deer. Tell the truth I would not be afraid to shoot to 125 yards but that's about it with patch round ball and open sights. Take Care

Your wisdom and advice have been a real bright light in this sport. We will miss your being active.But your knowledge will live on thanks to your spreading the word to so many. :hmm:

OLD Timer.
EVERY MORNING WHEN I AWAKE I WISH I WERE 73 AGAIN. ALL MY VARIOUS PARTS WORKED.
THERE IS A SLIM POSSIBILITY OF SECURING A COPY OF MY SYSTEM..
ACTUALLY THE DANGER IS THE RISK OF BEING BURIED IN AN AVALANCHE OF THEM.

GO TO WWW.BLACKPOWDERRIFLEACCURACY.CO

THERE YOU WILL FIND MY SOMEWHAT OUT OF DATE WEB SITE.
SCROLL DOWN TILL YOU FIND A YALLER BUTTON WITH THE SUGGESTIVE WORD "ORDER"
WRIT THERON/
CLICK ON THAT AND YOU WILL BE GUIDED DOWN THE PATH OF SPENDING YOUR HARD EARNED TO GET MY 90 PAGE EBOOK CONTAINING THE MATERIAL I HAVE BEEN SELLING SINCE JANUARY OF 1093,
IT IS IN DIGITAL FORMAT AND SO I SUGGEST YOU PRINT OUT A MORE PERMANENT HARD COPY..

I HAD NO IDEA ANYONE WOULDFIND IT DIFFICULT TO ORDER ONE.
THE BOOK WAS PROOFED BY A FELLOW NEW HAMPSHIRE CITIZEB ALONG WITH OTHER GOOD FOKS SO IT MUST BE WORTHWHILE.

DUTCH SCHOULTZ

OHIO RAM ROD,
Myy wisdom consists of figuring out the effect of getting your patching to form an almost perfect or perfect seal around the ball and its amazing effect.
Everything else is simply logic.
I think anyone of my subscribers would have come up with the rest of it.

If it gets harder to load as shot follows shot there must be a reason.
The barrel must be getting smaller shot after shot til you have to load with a mallet.
The logical thing is to remove the drug that binds onto the bore by wiping it out after each shot.
This one of my more controversial practices.

Where is the wisdom in that.
I can't think of any other part of my "SYSTEM" that isn't the result of similar logic.

It's not wisdom just simple thinking.

Thank you, however, for the kind words that sound sort of tombstoney.

Dutch

Stoy,
Try a .535 ball it might tighten things up a bit.

If you are getting 2 inch groups you are doing OK.
Shots of 125 yards are pretty difficult. I have always understood teethe as the ball travels it loses power and a good hit at that distance is more likely to just wound than kill.
Soemething to think about.

Dutch

I just stumbled across a source of lead balls

The Missouri Bullet Company that apparently has a whole heck of a variety of projectiles including lead balls.

My vision defeats any investigation on my part
, but it might be of interest/
What is odd is that they don't eem to have the calibers we tend to shoot.
They have .44 but no .445.
They have .50 but no 497 and so on.
I have long complained of Hornady and Speer round balls as being swaged , not cast, which seems to give their balls wide ranging weights for any given caliber which I firmly believe as Flyer causing balls.

I would like to know if their balls and all oter elongated bullets are cast ore waged. If cast, how dotheir prices compare with the rather expensive Swaged balls.

I would appreciate someone's looking into that and passing it on to th forum. I would do tho but you can hold a magnifying glass to the screen only so long before you are forced to give up.

In my experience lead balls run about 99 out a hundred as usable weighted balls while swaged balls runabout 73 out of a hundred as usable.

Self cast balls, cast rapidly out of a single mold are the very best

Any volunteers?

Dutch

Back