• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dutch's system works

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the thanks, It'ss not really necessary.

I'm busy trying figure how to handle my car being stolen in an odd scam that I rather stupidly fell for which turned into grand theft auto and this morning it occurred tome that I had spare check books in the glove compartment..

Being picked on as an apparently feeble old fart does add some color and excitement to my otherwise lackluster life.

So the "Tanks" do help

Dutch

Oh Lord...you have to be on your guard all the time. Some of those numb-nuts are good at it.Just remember Ma Williams comment about all the little pot holes in life...."Think of it as humility training!"

I now know how to convince my wife that there is something major going wrong with the car or truck so I can go off to get it repaired. Looks like the front right wheel is about to fall off.

That's what I bought and ended up with no car..

However I don't have a wife anymore so maybe next life”¦

Dutch

Things falling off is a good sign of a problem! :wink: Those dear ladies do keep us from doing some of the sillier things in life. Miss mine too...few more bruises these days! Oy Vey!! :rotf:

Was Tex,
I don't miss mine. Looking for something todo on visitor's day with my son is what got me involved in Muzzleloading back in the 70's. Couuldnt get him interested but I got hooked
I put together a T/C Hawken kit. did poorly at the range erroneously blamed the barrel Got a replacement barrel made by the same people who were making T/C's barrels and because my source of income allowed me heaps of off time I sent up to four days a week at the range pondering why the lead balls were servers. When I saw progress it made me more interested to contiuu fiddling with the details..

Couldn't have done that if I were married.

Still no sign of my car.

Dutch Schoultz

Marry the right woman and chase her HARD, ALWAYS. I have but once been in hot water for being gone too long in a duck hunt (and had I known why I would have scurrried home lickidie split). 95% of the time when I ask (or state) I want to go hunt or shoot or camp I get a no problem reaction :) When son was home I was encouraged to have him join me. Seems the trick may be the lil ladies need for time off :grin:

We all benefit from the fact you had a lot of time on your hands back then. :wink: The muzzleloading world is better for it anyway. Not sure what to say about your car except damn...but it's probably in pieces in some old garage across the river!

No, my auto is relatively all together and in the hands of the police where it is being checked for fingerprints. I may be able to pick it up tomorrow sometime.
Problem is the key fob is not in it. As he knows where I live he can come pick the car up anytime he feels like it.

I'm to go get fingerprinted tomorrow so they will know which is him and which is me.

Iy's a Mini Cooper which I bought as a fun sort of thing but am very much in love with it. They go like rockets, great power to weight ratio, and while I live and work in a hard to find parking place area, this you can park just about anywhere. I have little or no depth perception so it suits me just fine

Lots of excitement for a few days.

I learned to drive in a Model A Ford and I like the feed back you get from the older cars. I have rented an Elantra which is a nice car, I guess but it sort of floats.

I'm getting some spiral bound books of the System which I thought of giving as prizes )For doing what?) II;m waiting to see if they are affordable.'

Local Police are great to work with. People tell soldiers Thanks for your service as I have been doing since the practice began. For the last year I have also been saying to the various city police as they seem to be getting as much flack from the populace as the soldiers are enjoying over seas.

Dutch

Good, glad it's working out. If I could go back and get one from my past it'd be our old 1949 Chevy 4-door Deluxe. It was a low speed tank but just cool! :wink:

Wes Tex,
My first and only new car was a '48 Chevy two door. Midddle level of the three levels they turned out in those days.
I have to go get fingerprinted so they can tell which are his and which are mine. And look at photo line up. The police are excellent. I intend to have all my future cars stolen in Maplewood, Missouri.

Dutch

Wow, does that bring back memories! My wife at the time and I bought a 4-door, '49 Chevy for $50. bucks, and that old tank carried us back and forth from Easton, PA. to East Stroudsburg State College every day for a couple of years until we graduated. And, then pulled a 16 ft. U-Haul to our first teaching jobs in Montgomery Co., PA. Shortly after that hauling venture, the engine called it quits! :(

It is amazing how cars fit into our lives as we live them through the years. Now, a 2015, Chevy Silverado, hopefully will be my last set of new wheels needed. :thumbsup:

Well I hope so cuz as I hear it the 2018 modeles have changes that remove them from the Historically Correct list of traditional muzzle loading transport vehicles!

Back