• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dutch's system works

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ozonie,
Moderator.

I use Safari as amy web browser and see nocrome mentioned anywhere on it.
The odd thing is that I can increase incoming posts but cannot increase my outgoing posts so I can read my own posts with extreme difficulty.

On very unusual days I will see better than regularly.

In wandering around the forum I suddenly see replies to some of my posts that did not include my name and so I missed seeing them when originally posted.

Don't do a search on SCHOULTZ as only about two of you spell it like that.

Dutch

The price of $12.50 per hundred is much better than the seated at nearest Cabelas but no figure on freight. If you order 8 boxes and they stuff all in one of those small flat rate boxes could get down under a $1 a box. Much better than $20 + tax and driving 25 miles one way.

Dutch,

Does your accuracy system principles work with small bore rifles, such as a .32 ? (I assume yes, and that may be a dumb question, but worth asking.)

Thanks,

Micah

Wes/Tex said:
Dutch Schoultz said:
Stoy,
There are woods in Iowa? Those tall treed are corn stocks.
Dutch
That sounds like everyone's comment first time they come to Texas...
"My God, you've got trees! Where are all the mesas and saguaro cactus?"
Arizona! :haha:
LOL! Well, until the fires, you lived in the pine woods. Speaking of which, have the pines started to grow back?

I'm using Dutch's system myself, although a sudden and serious illness has slowed my shooting down considerably, but I can say that it works.

Micah,
I assume it does work on the smaller calibers because there many positive responses from small bore rifleman.

I have pointed out that the smaller the bore the pickier they seem to be. They seem to love keeping as much BP residue as possible .
I never used the smaller bore rifles preferring .45 caliber Hawken sty;e rifles. Coaching at the range I worked with all sorts of rifles paying little attention to caliber or twist and came to the conclusion that any rifle with a straight, unbbulged barrel could be amazingly accurate. Some rifles seem to be more reluctant to tune in than others of the same caliber. What I enjoyed was getting a very reluctant rifle to become an ace.

The answer to your question about smaller calibers can best be answered by by people who shoot the smaller calibers.

Dutch Schoultz

Are there any .32 or ..36 squirrel killersout who have had some access with mySystem? Quite a few have written of their experiences.

I allhonesty I admit I have limited my elf to .45's..

Dutch

Dutch Schoultz said:
Ozonie,
Moderator.

I use Safari as amy web browser and see nocrome mentioned anywhere on it.
The odd thing is that I can increase incoming posts but cannot increase my outgoing posts so I can read my own posts with extreme difficulty.

Dutch,

You can increase the font size in Safari one of two ways.

1. Hold down the COMMAND key and press the + (plus) key. Each time you press + the fonts will get bigger.

2. Go to the Preferences in Safari and under "Advanced", set the minimum font size to 24.

FontSize.jpg

Dutch,

My deer season is over and yes I was too busy to use yer system on my chosen rifle (new to me TC .45). I was shooting Hoppes and groups of 2 inch at 75 yds last time out afore hunting.

I admit I did miss a TROPHY coes deer. I do however have to say not using the system had NOTHIN to do with it as the shot was about 30 feet (bent over and holding gun sideways "gangster" style). This after being unable to squeeze the trigger at 30 yds as he slowly walked my lane and sites all ver the place including off the deer. BUCK FEVER. Never experienced it before, it's real and it works. 249 other hunters in the unit would have made the shot. I could have hit him with a rock!

NOW. Seasons over and I am looking forward to seeing what yer syatem can do with this lil rifle. Groups were great with Hoppes and I am looking forward to gettin out there with some 6-1 through 8-1 and seeing how tight I can get em! The only rifle I have got zero'd in with the system went from shooting 4 inch groups at my usual site in of 90 yds to 2 inch. Its a Cabelas .54 hawken and it likes 6-1 best with 70 gr and a ticking patch (getin a harbor freight micrometer this week too so's I know what thickness). I have about a yard of this material left and took a Sharpie and marked it for the gun).

Thanks again for the system. If others dont have it they need it!

AZmountainman,
If you are getting 2 inch groups without flyer at 75 yards using another System, you don\t nerd my System/
Shooting with the rifle held sideways and doing acrobatics usually does work with most people
Somewhere in Arizona s trpphy deer is also telling your story.

But tat is how we learn.

Someone back in the middle ages )mine_ a long dead person told me the cure for Buck Fever was to take a long deep breath and let it out before even aiming/ This might work but it might also require a patient deer.
Sorry you missed your chance..

Dutch Schou;tz

bull3540 said:
LOL! Well, until the fires, you lived in the pine woods. Speaking of which, have the pines started to grow back?

I'm using Dutch's system myself, although a sudden and serious illness has slowed my shooting down considerably, but I can say that it works.
It's been 6 years Labor Day but the pines are slowly coming back. The oaks suffered less damage and a lot of the small trees are oaks now but the pines are making a good come back. Sadly, it'll be a generation before it's anything like it was.

Dutch,
i use your system on a .32 CVA Squirrel. i get 1 inch groups(5 shots) at 50 yards using 32 cal buckshot over 30 gr 3F. it widens out to about 2 inches at 75. i use lenox cutting oil(water soluble) and i don`t remember the thickness of the patch right now. wipe between shots,

EgWelder,
Thank you for the reply.
You are using my original, pre Ballistol system using Water Soluble Cutting oil.
Tell me about this Lenox Water Soluble Oul.
Where did you get it? Cost etc?

I was alo glad to see you using .32.
If those were made by squirting molten lead off a tower, they are supposed to be solid and containing no lighter weight and therefore not likely to be fliers.

Thanks again,

Dutch Schoultzincluionor air bubbles.

buckshot

Over the years I have had to switch from Water soluble oil because it was becoming hard to find it was being replaced by substitute stuff that wash;t great with muzzle loaders. A gentleman from Gastonia North Carolina suggested using Ballistol which seems to perform as well as the original suggested item.
Now here, EgWelder says he is using a water soluble oil with excellent results.
I googled Lenox cutting oil which gave me several pages of to me unreadable information.
Would anyone care explore that lead and find out more about it.
I found it was for sale in 5 gallon containers which would last a regiment of ML riflemen a lifetime supply if this is something available in smaller amounts I would like to know what the possibilities might be.

Losing your vision has only the one advantage in that it improves television but no other comes to mind/

Any volunteers?

Dutch Schoultz

Mooman76
To answer your question about what I really wanted to know about Lenox Cutting Oil, You answered everything I wanted except price of the product which we can assume would be affordable in the mailer sizes.

Thank you for your help.

When we find something that would help any or all of us, spread it around so we as a somewhat embattled group of folks who want encourage a tradition American sport.

Dutch Schoultz.

Today's lesson"
If you have been cleaning and chopping Jalapeños,
Always wash your hands before touch an eyelid or other sensitive part of your body. The colors that flash though your vision can be rather attractive as the pains die down

50z of water soluble oil should last you about 4.5 to five years .
One ounce should give about 24 24 inch strips of 7 to 1 mix Dry Patch lube patches.

Is it worth the risk? I don't know. If you are happy with the Ballistol end run then it ain't broke so don't fix it.

I was so happy to see it was still possible to recreate my original wizardry I may have lost sight od reality.

There were a lot of complaints about Ballistol's perfume forgetting it's also alleged to be good on bug bites.

My mother called me Fuss Budget back in the 30's and things have been going downhill ever since.

Dutch

I got the water soluble oil at a machine shop supply in Kingston, ON. i think i paid 7 or 9 dollars for the 6 oz bottle. it was the only stuff i could find, and after my posting to Newfoundland, i found it in the first machine shop supply i walked in to.
Acklands-Grainger may also sell it.
i did find that if you add too much water to your strip solution just let it evaporate and recover the oil. it works well, and even over a year later, the patches are still good. keep them rolled up in a pill bottle.

Thanks again for the updated copy of the system.

For the skeptics- the groups and 90% of the shooting that I do is from a bench. even when hunting, I use mechanical means of support it at all possible, such as a tree or something. the military teaches this. i have a little bipod made from oak with sharp points that digs into the ground and I rest the rifle in the V. I rarely off hand shoot, but when I do, I`m not bad either.

Back