• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Caps from Swiss?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I saw a mention somewhere recently, maybe in a Muzzle Blasts, that the company that imports Swiss brand powder is going to be importing Caps as well? Wonder if anyone has heard this. Apparently they say Swiss brand is super-clean because they use only one specific type wood for the charcoaling.

RWS most likely.

Swiss Powder donated powder & caps to the HawkenClassic.
Great company that really seems to support/donate to many shooting events.

IMG_6062.jpeg

I saw a mention somewhere recently, maybe in a Muzzle Blasts, that the company that imports Swiss brand powder is going to be importing Caps as well? Wonder if anyone has heard this. Apparently they say Swiss brand is super-clean because they use only one specific type wood for the charcoaling.
RWS #1075 caps are available right now at Powder, Inc. $225/1000, pricey but very reliable.

Those are the caps we get in France. Recently the supply seems to have improved, they are again available for around 38 Euros for 250. Last year the supply was terrible and profiteers were selling them on Naturabuy (Ebay for Frenchies into guns) for 25 Euros for fifty! I have about 1500 which should last me a while if I don't use my revolvers too much. The quality is very good.

Check the package above, RWS 1075s are packaged in lots of 2500 and not 1000.

Back Creek Gun Shop has them at $255/2500.

Thats a good deal. Heres a screenshot of powder, inc. Ad

Thats a good price. Heres Powder, Inc. ad-

Attachments

• IMG_0111.png
    IMG_0111.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Art, i get that mag, haven’t seen that item. Remember the month issue?

If you purchase 5000 the price is 16.50 per 100, I think that is about as low as we may see caps in the future. The prices I am seeing online at $50 for a can of 100 I think is a bit much and some folks taking advantage of the situation, but 16.50 while not as sweet as it used to be is fair to me.

Pricey??????????? highway robbery!
Its $225 per 2500. Now my math sucks, but converting that to 100 per tin. My take is $9 per tin of 100. Which is a fantastic price.
Anyone with a better grasp of numbers, please verify or correct me.

I was wrong, I told ya my math sucked (had to do summer school for 6th grade math, it never improved).
Anway, its $22 per 100, not $9.
Sorry for getting anyone adrenaline pumping.
To reiterate, $225 per 2500.

I was wrong, I told ya my math sucked (had to do summer school for 6th grade math, it never improved).
Anway, its $22 per 100, not $9.
Sorry for getting anyone adrenaline pumping.
To reiterate, $225 per 2500.
What am I missing? You are correct if $225.00 per 2500 = $9.00 per hundred.

I bought RWS caps a couple of weeks ago from Powder Inc and they were $37.50 per 250 which works out to $15 per 100. I saved on hazmat fee because I had them shipped with my powder order. Minimum order quantity is 1000 caps (4 tins of 250 each) at $150 (because they did not charge me another HazMat fee)

Latest posts

Back