• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

$325 for a near new flint GPR..?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevePrice2

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Would you guys consider this a "better get it before it's gone!" deal?

Less than 50 shots through it makes it near new in my book. I have yet to buy a flinter and will most likely make that purchase from a builder in the next couple of months - a late Lancaster. (obviously for a LOT more)

This flint GPR just showed up locally and it looks like something not to pass up as a steal of a deal.

thoughts?

Steve

I say go for it. This rifle will let you get the feel for a rock lock on a platform that you can abuse to some extent with out the fret of damage to a fine custom gun.

Buy it.
Learn with it.
Practice with it.
Get skilled with a flinter with it.

When your custom gun is ready, you can sell the GPR for a modest profit over your purchase price, and use the proceeds to buy the accoutrements and plunder you'll need/want to accompany it.

First step: BUY IT!

Yep. Get it. Assuming the bore passes inspection. 50 rounds isn't even broken in yet. It won't group until you have 100 rounds through it.

Buy it, that's a decent price. Problem is, you will grow to love it and then you'll not want to get rid of it. Watch out or it'll hook ya!

I agree with the rest about getting it. Mykeal is right about the bore. It may have less than 50 shots through it, but if not cleaned properly, one shot can ruin it. If the bore is good, go for it. My .54 GPR flint that I built from a kit quickly became my favorite deer rifle. You won't be sorry :thumbsup:

I sold a used Lyman GPR in .54 a year and a half ago for $375 to help finance my first kit. Wish I woulda kept it actually, it's a good rifle.

Steve, have you bought that rifle yet? I would hope so. :thumbsup:

sounds like a fair price :thumbsup: . I won a .54 perc GPR at an estate auction a few years back for $280.

Back