• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Cabela's not shipping bp guns anymore?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My local gun shops do not carry traditional muzzleloaders, in-line modern only, yuck. Got to go to the digital airwaves to buy. Like mentioned, Dixie did me right....

why is this a big deal. If cabelas wont ship, dont buy squat from them. I dont and I wont. Too many other places to get stuff. I dont and wont.

That will only harm the gun industry, and help anti-gunners.
Walmart, Sportsman's warehouse, Cabela's Bass pro, Dicks etc. most likely sell more stuff than everyone else combined.

Don't cut off your nose to spite your face .

1st, how does not shopping at Dicks help anti-gunners. If anything, it tells Dicks that their anti-gun decision has no consequences. And more importantly, it tells other retailers that they can safely cave to the anti-gun crowd as well.

BTW, I didn't stop buying guns and ammo at Dicks. I stopped buying ANYTHING at Dicks. That's not a RUSH to judgement. That's a straight up business decision. The same goes for any business that acts like Dicks. At a minimum, I reduce my purchases as much as needs allow.

We live in a divided country one-half pro-gun the other not. The anti-gun end game is to ban all guns! When companies like Walmart, Sportmans Wherehouse, Cabela's that are going PC we need to send a message and stop supporting them at the cash register and spend our money with company's that support our right to own guns.

It is not that half are half are pro gun and the other not, it is that one half are pro freedom and the other for a government that "takes care" of them cradle to grave.

The gun issue is just one of expedience. The important question is why they want to, as you correctly point out, "ban all guns".

For those wanting to add to the list of those who ship BP guns Midway USA does, as does Midsouth Shooters Supply,, and Natchez Shooting Sports, and they have most of what the big boxes mentioned above have. Also smaller specialty purveyors like Taylors and Company, Old South Firearms, Track of the Wolf, DGW, and others, along with a host of local and regional gun stores and Pawn Shops with websites do ship BP guns. Unfortunately, if this trend that Cabelas and the others have started catches on , and gains legal traction, it will greatly damage our sport.

51colt, you are also right in denying your support for those that cave. Personally I refuse to shop WalMart whenever possible since they stopped selling "assault rifle" and handgun ammo. Boycotting has worked very well for the left and it can work for us too.

That will only harm the gun industry, and help anti-gunners.
Walmart, Sportsman's warehouse, Cabela's Bass pro, Dicks etc. most likely sell more stuff than everyone else combined.

Don't cut off your nose to spite your face .

Baloney.

Boycotts have worked very well for the leftists and anti gun crowds, and they will work for us, but I am sure you realize that. ;)

All of that stuff can be obtained elsewhere and just as cheaply, as I stated above, Midway USA, Midsouth Shooters Supply and others sell most of it, and you can get your groceries elsewhere than Walmart.

Hmm... mighty quick there to acquiesce to the antigun pressure....

Yes, in some areas, some areas there are not. or cannot or will not compete or carry the same products.
Guns are very much a niche or boutique market.
I am for all.

In my local town there use to be 3 places to buy, now there is only one. For a time, there was none.

Guns a niche market? Did you know that in 2018 firearms alone, not including ammo or related accessories generated $52 billion for the U.S. economy and contributed $6.8 billion in taxes to the U.S. treasury. Add ammo and accessories and that "boutique" market is a well over $100 billion industry.

Also that there are fewer hometown gun stores, is not a function of competition, but of the Clinton and Obama administrations persistent efforts, using the ATF to reduce the number of FFLs by strongarm tactics, to control Americans access to firearms and thus their freedom.

Last edited by a moderator:
First off let me say that walmart only controls about 2% of the gun market, and 20% of the ammo market.
So;
1. It wont affect walmarts bottom line.
2. Consolidtion of the market is bad for the consumer,
3. If you stop buying from Walmart etc. then you prove their policy decision right.
If they don't have or no longer sell what you want, be sure to ask for it.
4. Demand drives decisions.

I could go on, but by now you should get the point.

Walmart is no longer selling 20% market share in ammo, since they went PC and are no longer selling handgun or "assault" rifle ammo.

1. Before they got a boos by being allowed unfair competitive advantage by the virus reation, there were numerous signs that they were being hurt by those who quit shopping there after they PCd their ammo sales.

2. Walmart then is and of itself "consolidation of the market. It is what they do by eliminating their local and smaller competition, so by your own logic, boycotting them would improve this problem.

3. That assessment is totally opposite from the truth stop buying form them and you make your own policy statement, as the left does with their boycotts that have worked wonderfully from them, Why would you try to dissuade us from doing the same?

4. Yes Demand drives decisions, and the clearest way to show that demand, as the left has been so successful with,, is to shop vendors that reflect you values and don't cave to liberal progressive initiatives and leftist political pressure.

The only "point" you seem to be making is that which would help the anti gun position.

The threat of gun control fueled the last gun and ammo run. This time it is the beer bug. Pro-gun people have whatever guns they need on hand as well as ammo for it. So who is out panic buying guns and ammo? I hand load, cast bullets for all the guns I own. It's a hobby, a day at the range is my eighteen holes of golf. I think it is good that there will be more people exercising their second amendment rights and that the police can't always be there to save you. Plus it is a big shot in the arm for the gun industry when they really need it.

I'm done with this topic, and some of its participants, the discussion is no longer about cabelas shipping guns. The discussion has moved to politics and 2A outside of the appropriate forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back