• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WOW..., SCAMMER SPOTTED AND GONE for now....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a political post?? I happen to be a liberal-a very progressive, left-wing, capital L liberal. I also enjoy muzzleloader. I don’t bring up certain cultish behavior favoring wannabe dicktators. I wish you’d all keep your political thoughts and feelings to yourselves, or on the politics forum,
😢 😭 😭😭😭

The reason a lot of these turn into political conversation is because guns and politics are about one and the same. Politics has a direct effect on our hobby.

On the electronics forums that I'm a part of very rarely does the conversation deviate to political, because there's not a lot of laws or politicians that are actively campaigning against resistors, inductors, and MOSFETS.

Is this a political post?? I happen to be a liberal-a very progressive, left-wing, capital L liberal. I also enjoy muzzleloader. I don’t bring up certain cultish behavior favoring wannabe dicktators. I wish you’d all keep your political thoughts and feelings to yourselves, or on the politics forum,
I don't support your political views, but I agree 1000% with this. Unfortunately, some just can't help themselves. It's a sign of immaturity, as are the fits they throw when called out on it or the Mods step in.

I don't support your political views, but I agree 1000% with this. Unfortunately, some just can't help themselves. It's a sign of immaturity, as are the fits they throw when called out on it or the Mods step in.
Don't you think it's a little weird that he emphatically expressed his political views while scolding others for doing the same thing?

I got a tip of a sketchy PM offering a gun for sale, and one thing lead to the rest. Again I can't give the exact details because that then tells the guy in the future what to avoid....

LD
Just asked because I'm always wondering how sophisticated the computer programs are that are mining data on firearms related forums.

You have my condolences

Sir- there is actually a liberal gun forum out there. You may be happier joining it.

It doesn't look like a scammer type post to me, maybe looking for attention and plagiarizing an old posting.

Last edited:
Well - I'm what you might call an 'old school' Leftist or liberal, but this is a forum about love of Muzzleloaders and other BP guns, so I tend not to make a song and dance about it. I'm not sure what your post alludes to, but like it or not, you are part of a forum which consists, in the main, of socially conservative, hard working rural people, who I admire greatly irrespective of their politics. As the mods say, stay away from political discussions if you dont like what you see.

Due to spam cleaning the original thread posted by former member and scammer oiouiy is gone, but,,,,, this is what he posted:

Dec 23, 2023

Couldn't stand it, I picked up a TC Renegade 54. to use this year. Yea, I know everyone says I should have gone inline but I'm just old school and like the side locks better. I would like to hear from those of you who have a .54. Which performs better for you, PRB or R.E.A.L? Ive been looking over the forum but don't see a lot on the .54. I have a lb of fffg that I use for my .45 flintlock but from what I read I can use it in reduced loads and it would be best for PRB only. I'm actually thinking ff would be the best way to go. Or one of the BP substitutes maybe?? The other good news, I have a friend that's dropping off 100 lb or so of plumbing lead today so Ill be purchasing my own molds to tinker with. I just don't want to purchase them all if I don't have to.

Any advice would be great.

So I can't say what got me to take a hard look at him, because he had FOUR additional personas set up, two were not used, and he may have more and might read this and I don't want to give him any hints, but..., I checked the wording and found this on another forum from 2014

Couldn't stand it, I picked up a TC Renegade 54. to use this year. Yea, I know everyone says I should have gone inline but I'm just old school and like the side locks better.

I would like to hear from those of you who have a .54. Which performs better for you, PRB or R.E.A.L? Ive been looking over the forum but don't see a lot on the .54.

I have a lb of fffg that I use for my .45 flintlock but from what I read I can use it in reduced loads and it would be best for PRB only. I'm actually thinking ff would be the best way to go. Or one of the BP substitutes maybe??

The other good news, I have a friend that's dropping off 100 lb or so of plumbing lead today so Ill be purchasing my own molds to tinker with. I just don't want to purchase them all if I don't have to.

Any advice would be great.

SO, I did some additional checking and found this odd reply to a legit posting. It was ODD because in NONE of the OP's photos was there a patchbox.... posted by former member and likely the same guy as oiouiy ..., the now banned jkut8yi wrote:

Dec 27th, 2023
Its an investarms rifle no doubt about it the patch box is a tell tale sign. But most of there models were made using TC Hawkens parts (triggers, buttstock, nose cap, locks) however this is when they were using the Lyman GPR lock and barrel (using one lug) if I am not mistaken this barrel will drop into the deer stalker stock as well. Investarms is owned by Lyman or vice-versa. Over all its a quality gun. The reason it may not have the tell tale I was they made a lot of these guns more major retailers such as Cabelas. I have the Cabelas Hawkens ( The TC style) and "I" is there. My hunting buddy back in Michigan has the same gun but Cabelas Hawken is there but the "I" is not. :idunno: But I will stake my reputation as a Hawkens man that's what you have. An Italian made Investarm, made by Lyman Hawkens rifle using the GPR lock and a deerstalker barrel. One more detail the barrel should be 15/16 as well let me know if it isn't.

When checking, I found this post from THIS FORUM in 2013, that DID answer the question back then in a proper manner...

Jul 7, 2013
Its an investarms rifle no doubt about it the patch box is a tell tale sign. But most of there models were made using TC Hawkens parts (triggers, buttstock, nose cap, locks) however this is when they were using the Lyman GPR lock and barrel (using one lug) if I am not mistaken this barrel will drop into the deer stalker stock as well. Investarms is owned by Lyman or vice-versa. Over all its a quality gun. The reason it may not have the tell tale I was they made a lot of these guns more major retailers such as Cabelas. I have the Cabelas Hawkens ( The TC style) and "I" is there. My hunting buddy back in Michigan has the same gun but Cabelas Hawken is there but the "I" is not. :idunno: But I will stake my reputation as a Hawkens man that's what you have. An Italian made Investarm, made by Lyman Hawkens rifle using the GPR lock and a deerstalker barrel. One more detail the barrel should be 15/16 as well let me know if it isn't.

So what this clever lad has done is learned that he had given himself away in the past by making posts that are not comments about black powder guns, or merely posting stuff like "nice rifle" and stupidly never making any comments that showed a knowledge of muzzleloaders SO he cut and pasted these to appear legit..., and figured he'd not get noticed....

Not tooting my horn folks, just letting y'all know that they are trying to get better at making you, me, all of us, scam victims...

STAY VIGILANT!
:thumb:

LD

Great job Dave !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back