• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Zouave cleaning?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huntsman247

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Probably beating a dead horse here, but how do you all clean your Zouave? Remove barrel or not? What is up with the search function; everytime I use it it comes up with a bunch of useless (for the most part) topics????????? Thanks all

I just Google Zouave rifle and it gave me a lot of info with pictures, dont know if this will help but its some thing to look into

huntsman247 said:
Probably beating a dead horse here, but how do you all clean your Zouave? Remove barrel or not? What is up with the search function; everytime I use it it comes up with a bunch of useless (for the most part) topics????????? Thanks all

attach a rubber hose to a second nipple and screw it in, pinch the unattached end closed. Pour in Boiling hot water with dishwashing soap 3/4 full and scrub with a brass brush on your rod (3 or 4 times should do it). Let water out and repeat untill water comes out clean. Remove nipple, turn rifle over and let water and moisture out (about 1 hour)oil barrel (inside and out, I use wd 40), oil nipple and screw in, use quite abit of oil when doing this (gets rid of any moisture left in the rifle), store rifle upside down overnight (lets the oil run out thats to much).
wala....clean rifle

I'll be the first to admit that I "baby" all of my firearms, my Zouave included.

I always remove the barrel and the lock before I clean it.
That way, every speck of fouling gets cleaned off and the moving parts of the lock get lubricated.

My only word of caution about doing this is the correct size screwdriver must be used for each screw. Boogered up screw heads are ugly and greatly decrease the value of a gun.

Back