• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Zoomorphic muzzles on European guns.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had not seen that thread before. Thank you for sharing!

19.6.2010. It. L-Arkebuse, kpl. ~ 1515.  1.jpg

This is one of the only original matchlocks I have come across with a lock in that configuration (lever and a serpentine going forward). I have only seen the questionably dated manuscript with it and replicas. Cool to see some historical evidence!
27936453_dd9d96f304_o.jpg

I had not seen that thread before. Thank you for sharing!

View attachment 270941

This is one of the only original matchlocks I have come across with a lock in that configuration (lever and a serpentine going forward). I have only seen the questionably dated manuscript with it and replicas. Cool to see some historical evidence!
View attachment 270942
I forgot Michael posted one of these locks:
IMG_9886.jpeg

IMG_9885.jpeg

Ethnographic Arms & Armour - View Single Post - A matchlock chronology, ca. 1520 to 1720

Pukka: With reference to the second gun posted in Michael's Link. Notice how the fluted barrel looks so similar to the much later Omani fluted barrels. You have to think that the Omani barrel makers received their inspiration from these very early designs.

Rick

Latest posts

Back