Zloty Stok - the oldest operating powder mill in Europe.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

TFoley

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Has anybody here from Europe, including the UK, has the chance to try any of this brand of black powder yet?

They have been in operation since 1694, so they have probably gotten it pretty much right by now.

Prices compare very well with the stuff from Switzerland, that is rapidly approaching $50 a pound.........

AAMOI - Triple 7 is $72 a pound.

springfield art

50 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Has anybody here from Europe, including the UK, has the chance to try any of this brand of black powder yet?

They have been in operation since 1694, so they have probably gotten it pretty much right by now.

Prices compare very well with the stuff from Switzerland, that is rapidly approaching $50 a pound.........
I live fairly close to the old DuPont Powder Mill near Wilmington, DE. One can tour it, I've not got around to it yet, but it was really a big deal back in the day. I've seen the remains of the CSA powder works at Augusta, GA., and the honcho there during the War was really sharp; they made powder to very high standards.

excess650

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Zloty Stok is in Poland, and not one that I've heard of previously.

excess650

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm not surprised if you live in the USA. It's a long ways off. ;)
We've had Wano/Schuetzen, Swiss, and KIK here in the USA, as well as Elephant and Diamondback from Brazil. Swiss is the most expensive here, now about $30/#. Schuetzen seems to be the least expensive, but now about $20/#.

RAEDWALD

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Began as a mill for Prussia I believe and had a big fatal accident a few years ago IIRC. Henry Krank now stocks Zloty Stok black powder in the UK.

Last edited: