• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

You KNOW You're A Traditional Muzzleloader...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you can't even watch a Disney film with your partner without complaining about the guns/clothing/etc.

...When people look at you, and they're "not" surprised that you have a flintlock.
...when you carry a gun case with you while hunting(in case it rains)
...when you go into a store, with your bag and horn, and shop like normal
...when you start to consider trading your atv for a horse
... when you see a dead raccoon in the road, and wonder if it's fresh enough to make a hat

I did the last one just a cpl days ago lol it was to old wife wouldn't let me stop anyway

hadden west said:
... when you see a dead raccoon in the road, and wonder if it's fresh enough to make a hat
This syndrome also applies to fly fishermen...now when I look at a picture of somebody holding up a pheasant my mind goes, "Wow, wish they had some available in mid Texas to shoot...those feathers would make great traditional bass flies"! Both traditional muzzleloading and fly tying give you a new appreciation for roadkill!

After hunting only the muzzleloader deer season for five years my three sons and one daughter asked me to hunt the rifle season with them so I said I would. The next year on opening morning I pull out my GPR and my son goes Dad! this is the rifle season and I said you guessed it, this is my rifle and after I shoot my deer I will let you examine the rifling.

When you old mother and your War Office whinge about lead sinkers in the washing machine, mother has been doing that since I was about 10, and they were minnies ! You spend winter days rolling Enfield paper cartridges and packaging them as were originals. You know the real meaning of going off half cocked !! and a flash in the pan!! Meat don't taste right unless you have nailed it with you're firelock !! And work which has a lot of H2s gas around, has you looking in the smoko hut for a dirty musket !!

Cheers from down under

...when you know more about Rockwell and Brinell hardness than a metallurgist
...when the family, no longer gasps, when you mention your balls
...when you've used every conceivable materiel none to man, to make a ball starter
...when your favorite color is "rust"
...when you spend more for iron sights, than a new pair of glasses

When you have two workbenches in your shop. One for beeswax and leather work, the other for linseed oil and wood finishing. ....and in the middle is your newest flinter build on sawhorses..

when you went hunting this morning and found out your sights are off on your .32 (missed 3 shots at sitting rabbits, 2 at under 20 yards) and you think "well heck now I have to go to the range & fix this before I can rabbit hunt again" . . . .even though you have eight or ten 22s and half a dozen shotguns sitting in the gun safe.

54mountain said:
when every time you see a shiny rock you pick it up to see if it will spark.

And your wife has given up nagging about you bringing them home in your pocket.

Them rocks will wear holes in your pockets and she will have to either fix them or buy you new jeans.
Stop putting rocks in your pockets for your pockets sake if not your wallets.

You spend time reading all these posts trying to figure out how to make an impression that makes your passion more relevant that all previous posts... :wink:

What a great community...

Sincerely,

Back