• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

You and Your ..."smooth bore" (photo)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And my shorty Stroh .12ga smoothy, :grin:

2007bucki.jpg

NWTF Longhunter said:
Here's last springs bird, 27#, 11" beard, spurs totaled over 3". Shot with my Judson Brennan 12ga English Fowler.

I won a local turkey contest with this bird, beat out 50 other entries all modern shotgunners.

2011_Tom%201.JPG

I've said it before but when I grow up I wanna be Ron La Clair. The man has whaaaay too much fun! :thumbsup: :grin:

Snow

CIMG0829.jpg

CIMG0828.jpg

Recently posted these, but I don't mind doing it again...
Tip Curtis 46" barrel 16 ga. in walnut. Shoots great!! Hope a turkey gets in the way soon.

Matt good shootin' :thumbsup: nice doe :hatsoff: ...tell us about that gun please !

Hawk,
That is a Chambers Early Virginia kit rifle with a .62 smoothbore Getz barrel. Its finished in the style of Johannes Faber. Bought it used from a member here and have since had the wrist inlay redone with my initials, had the trigger worked on and a White Lightning vent liner installed.

She is a sweetheart of a gun , rock solid and with a lock that will set your carpet on fire.

Matt PA said:
Hawk,
That is a Chambers Early Virginia kit rifle with a .62 smoothbore Getz barrel. Its finished in the style of Johannes Faber. Bought it used from a member here and have since had the wrist inlay redone with my initials, had the trigger worked on and a White Lightning vent liner installed.

She is a sweetheart of a gun , rock solid and with a lock that will set your carpet on fire.
Nice gun, who built it?

Mike,

It was signed by a "J. Brandon" and apparently built for himself as the wrist inlay carried the initials "JB" .....I do not know him/ of him or where he is from?

I had the other work done by Ron Luckenbill here in PA.
The gun was pretty well built but the trigger was a little sticky and the lock a little sluggish and Ron has it running great now. Did a great job on the wrist inlay too changing it over to my initials. Also had him remove the plain jane screw slot vent liner and convert it to a White Lightning version.
Overall a nice shooting and looking gun.

My 20ga that I named "Two-Fer" after it took these two deer with one shot. 80gr's of 2FF over a patched .590rb The ball stopped just under the hide on the far side of the 2nd deer.

2_for_one2.JPG

Nice guns all- keep the pics coming! NWTF before I saw your post I wouldn't have bet a nickle on getting that kind of penetration with a roundball and 80grs. I learn something new every day on this forum.

Back