• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

You and Your ..."smooth bore" (photo)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffdrown

40 Cal.
Reaction score
DSC08059.jpg

Me and My "smooth Bore" Lets see yours !

DSC08054.jpg

DSC08057.jpg

This is from a few years back, a .58 French fusil with cows foot stock from the Tulle armory 44" barrel/walnutstock modified davis Tulle lock, to heavy by2# .562/.550 and .570 bals and various patchng or wadding/card combos, thought it might be THE gun but lately thinking about getting something different like a carolina gun or other early English type thatisabout 6 lbs and as PC/HC as I can get for what I want to spend.

wingshooting-1.jpg

Same gun
PB140199.jpg

2009Birda.jpg
[/img]
201018gasxsdove.jpg
Both smoothbores but SXS shotguns The first it a SXS 14ga.orignal, that I took the turkey with. The second picture with the dove, was the first dove I took with this original 20ga. SXS gun, after bringing her back from the dead.I just love this old gun with her 37" barrels. I don't have one with game yet from my 20ga., 44" barreled British Style Fowler that I built.

hawk 2 said:
Maskinongehunt2010018.jpg

Hawk You Dog!... Awesome picture! :thumbsup:

First smooth bore flintlock goose..12 ga. D. Pedersoli Mortimer..check out the elevated rear sight..due to stock architecture.Ed Rayle has the barrel now..going to copy and add 10 ".

This one made the bucket list. :v

IMG_0263.jpg

Takin a smoke break during the hunt with smoothbore and primitive bow. The pipe is an original clay and has a turkey wing bone stem.

turkey_hunt2011%203.JPG

This is Gwen and I with my Bucks County .54 smoothrifle at the Crested Butte Rendezvous 2011.
GwenIatCB2011.jpg

By the way Coyote Joe.

That fowler is one of your jug choking jobs.

Thanks again!.

Greg

Me a few years ago with my then new Bobby Christian 20 ga fowler - since then the gun has taken deer, upland game and waterfowl and a hog.

3859100_0789.JPG

Gregory said:
By the way Coyote Joe.

That fowler is one of your jug choking jobs.

Thanks again!.

Greg
The only 16 gauge I ever did, I don't know why there aren't more 16's, it's a pretty nice compromise, better with buckshot than a 20 and less recoil than a 12 with ball.

Latest posts

Back