• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Yo....from Pa

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joed1223

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi All,
I have been shooting a ML for the past 25 years or so. This looks like a great site with loads of great inofrmation and great people. Took my first deer with a ML this past week here in PA.
Thanks for having me!

FlintlockDeer012011002.jpg

Hiya Joe! Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see another Pennsyltuckian come aboard. Congratulations on that nice doe! Pittsburgh area here. :hatsoff:

Yep....that's a flinter. It's a TC PA Hunter Carbine in 50 Cal. I picked it up brand new last week. I couldn't believe I was able to find a new one as TC hasn't made them in years.

Welcome JD! That looks like a handy woods gun you have there. Congratulations on your successful hunt!

Welcome to the MLF Joe! There are lots of friendly knowlegable folks here in camp with a lifetime of experience to share. Pull up a stump and join us at the fire and share some of your knowledge.

I really didn't want to post this for fear of being a braggart but I have to share this hunt with fellow ML enthusiasts as I am having some serious success with this new gun my friend Juile was nice enough to sell me.
Is this the right place to post a hunt story?
Long story short, I went deer hunting again this evening and spotted a bedded vixen about 150 yards away. The snow was really deep and heavy as we just got 18" of snow this week. I stalked for what seemed like 45 minutes, to within 50 yards and touched one off. The fox dropped like a scalded spider. I think this gun has some serious mojo on it! :)
Thanks for listening!
FlintlockDeerJan2011008-Copy-Copy.jpg

You could post it in the Photos section or Traditional Muzzle Loader Hunting section.
Oh, and a warm welcome! Nice deer you got there!
It's only bragging if you don't post pictures so you're in the clear.

:thumbsup: Ya did well pilgram.Congrats.I did some hunting in Bucks Co.myself.Griz

TC Renegade? Nice job. I hunted a bit northwest of Renova a few years ago. Was a thrill, then went to the cornfields in the west. unbelievable country you live in. Welcome to the home of traditional!
scrubbs

Thanks for the warm welcome!

TC Renegade?
It's a TC PA Hunter Carbine 50 Cal. I really lucked out finding one as they don't make them anymore. It really has become a favorite for stalking the woods and fields of Bucks County! :grin:

Welcome to the forum, Joe! (I'm up in Lehigh Co.)

Come to think of it, that's the only kind of rifle you'll be hunting with in Bucks Co. isn't it? (shotgun only)

Nice photo - I like the tracks in the background! :thumbsup:

Welcome to the forums. I am another one from the Great Commonwealth. Pittsburgh area

Come to think of it, that's the only kind of rifle you'll be hunting with in Bucks Co. isn't it? (shotgun only)

Nice photo - I like the tracks in the background!

Yep, we're shotgun only. I've been using a 20ga slugger w/scope for the last few years. The flinter is much more challenging and exciting to hunt with than the slugger. I'll be using a flinter here on out. Guns aside, I'm particular to hunting with my longbow.
I noticed those tracks after I downloaded the pic.....kind of ironic isn't it?

Joe Dee,
Welcome on board :thumbsup: ...Venison and Vixen :hatsoff: :grin: Good eats and Good Hat Material...Way to go and Congrats :bow:
Armstrong County here, longbow and muzzleloading interests as well. Lot's of valuable, pertinent info on this site...use all of your powers for good :grin: :grin:
Shreck

Welcome on board ...Venison and Vixen Good eats and Good Hat Material...Way to go and Congrats
Armstrong County here, longbow and muzzleloading interests as well. Lot's of valuable, pertinent info on this site...use all of your powers for good
Shreck
Howdy Shreck!
Thanks!
If you enjoy the longbow. you'll appreciate this pic. I bagged this beast with my longbow last year.
13pointlarger.jpg
[/img]

Back