• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WV percussion rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A friends brother has inherited this rifle. Ill attach a few photos. If anyone knows anything about the name, I d appreciate the info. Ive asked for better pics, but hoping someone recognizes something.

Attachments

• IMG_2199.jpeg
    IMG_2199.jpeg
    206.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2198.jpeg
    IMG_2198.jpeg
    243.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0340.jpeg
    IMG_0340.jpeg
    200 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4257.jpeg
    IMG_4257.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Very interesting piece. Is the bore drilled off center or is that the angle of the picture? I like it but don't know anything about that maker. I'm sure someone will be along shortly that may be familiar with it.

Very interesting piece. Is the bore drilled off center or is that the angle of the picture? I like it but don't know anything about that maker. I'm sure someone will be along shortly that may be familiar with it.
I'd love to see a picture of the sights to see how they compensated for the bore runout. Lovely piece. Leman (?) stamped on lock...

Here’s all the pictures I received from my friend in WV. An ornate rifle for sure. No pics of the sights and never got a full length photo.

Attachments

• IMG_2207.jpeg
    IMG_2207.jpeg
    150.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2202.jpeg
    IMG_2202.jpeg
    163.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2207.jpeg
    IMG_2207.jpeg
    150.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2201.jpeg
    IMG_2201.jpeg
    186.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2199.jpeg
    IMG_2199.jpeg
    206.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2198.jpeg
    IMG_2198.jpeg
    243.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0340.jpeg
    IMG_0340.jpeg
    200.2 KB · Views: 0
All I can tell is that it looks a bit like a Lancaster Trade Rifle or maybe a Leman. Or I don't know.

Latest posts

Back