• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED WTB flask screws

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he's referring to the headless set screws used to hold the head on a powder flask. Depending on the vintage of the flask, the thread sizes can vary. Most modern production flasks I've had apart use metric threads (and this can often be a good clue in determining if a flask is original or a repro some has "de-farbed".

Best bet might be to take the flask to a machinist or good hardware store to try to figure out the thread size, then make (or order) headless set screws of the correct size. Dixie Gun Works used to be a reliable source of such odd-ball hardware, but you'd need to know thread size in order to order the correct item.

I think he's referring to the headless set screws used to hold the head on a powder flask. Depending on the vintage of the flask, the thread sizes can vary. Most modern production flasks I've had apart use metric threads (and this can often be a good clue in determining if a flask is original or a repro some has "de-farbed".

Best bet might be to take the flask to a machinist or good hardware store to try to figure out the thread size, then make (or order) headless set screws of the correct size. Dixie Gun Works used to be a reliable source of such odd-ball hardware, but you'd need to know thread size in order to order the correct item.
That’s pretty much what I would have guessed, but there is quite the gap between I need screws for this particular flask, or screws of this size and ‘I think he's referring to the headless set screws used to hold the head on a powder flask’ of some unknown size, if OP is really hoping to find the correct screws.

Edit: Didn’t see OP’s response before I posted. Now we know.

Thanks SDS but those are allen head. Flask screws are slotted and usually brass. Altho I sure wouldnt mind steel.
Missed that they couldn’t be hex-head in your OP, my mistake.

For what it is worth, I ordered slotted ones in approximately the size you want from Brownells in the past, but don’t remember metric being an option. They call them plug screws. There are a number of domestic and foreign sources out there for things like model remote control cars for example. You just have to search.

I’m sure you’re absolutely right. Its just that these arent a common need and I wasnt sure if they had any special name. Both you guys helped a lot. I think I will be able to locate some now.

So it isn't just me who "misplaced" (lost) the 3 screws. I removed the head of my flask and put the screws aside somewhere. I haven't found them yet.
That's been happening for years. I used to have an original flask that was found in a barn we were pulling down. Someone had lost 2 screws and replaced them with lead pins that were soft enough to engage the threads.

Back