• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Would your pipe be in your possibles bag?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
apple is old tried and true method.The problems with apple are two fold,1:it can flavor your smoke and the sugars in it canmake your smoke bite or burn so hot it burns your mouth,2:it can mold,ruining the whole tin.Asmall piece of sandstone works better.You can find them in pipeshops covered in alumumnim that you can cut off quickly.Jst soak it in water for an hour or soevery day or two and it wilL stay fresh :wink:

I wonder if my local Tinder Box has the sandstone? I'll have to check an see, also I might check on the Penzance, right now I'm about half way through my Captain Black in the white pouch.

Found another interesting pipe believed to be the pipe of Judge Robert Lamberton of Franklin PA during the oil boom years. It may be masonic with the skull and bones. It is a Centennial celebration marked 1776 1876 Centennial Franklin PA and Lamberton. Also the date it was made and the makers name and mark. Thought you might like to see it.
T2eC16VHJHQE9nzEyl2TBQf5TlNIQ60_57_zpscd667009.jpg

T2eC16FyUE9s6NEHgfBQf5qirlg60_57_zps5c76b155.jpg

KGrHqFrUFdFGoEG2BQf5HjjQQ60_57_zps493d32cd.jpg

Sorry I didn't see your note earlier. It's iwanreis.com. Fyi, they have a new tobacco under the old Balkan Sobranie label. I didn't like it at all. If they are out of penzance I recommend skiff. Non of this is exactly pc, but I smoked some kinninkinick, or so it was called, in a clay pipe a while back. Would rather have had a rattlesnake clenched in my teeth. I can't imagine what that stuff must have tasted like when burned in a metal bowl on a tomahawk. graybeard

Last edited by a moderator:
Iam a Vaper guy....smoke me some Escudo,Louisanna Red,Dunhill Navy Rolls.....Iam in a good place. A Rad Davis Dublin pipe is my go to. Enjoy

I do not smoke my pipe very often. I had never heard of Penzance prior to reading this thread. I got to looking into it and found out what everyone already knows....you can't find it anywhere. I just called Conn Valley Tobacco and the lady said they are expecting a shipment soon. She took my name and put me on a waiting list. Their prices are very high compared to other sites. $56 or so for 8 oz! But, I guess if it's as good as everyone says it is and it is so rare, supply and demand takes over.

Back