• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Work Shop

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
odd you should mention that ... my parents had a cat who looked very similar, and was also very large. the neighbor had a dog who would 'mark' our rose bushes, until that cat caught him at it and ... well lets just say the scorecard read "Cat 1, Dog, zero."

don't know who was more embarrassed - the owner or the dog, but the fellow thought it was only fair that my Dad cover his vet bill. Dad declined, reminding him that there was a leash law, that he hadn't given this fellow permission to let the dog pee all over everything, and that beating up dogs was (for this cat, anyway) what lawyers would call a "natural act of the animal."

i do envy your workspace, by the way- mine has become infested with my kids' stuff.
:(

Greeting, Fosters, from one who grew up on Baptist Road in Canterbury. Long ago we farmed the fields at Shaker Village.

My first attempt at a rifle taught me the hard way to let a pre-shaped stock sit for several months in semi-arid Colorado before fitting parts. I really think this applies in almost any part of the country- the wood needs to normalize to local conditions. On that first rifle the wood dried away from the parts, leaving things like nose cap loose. Same thing happened with a tack-driving Sako modern rifle- shot great wwhen new, had to be resing bedded after a year.

Some advise to set the barrel in the channel while the stock rests for a few months in its new home. I've been successful using a dowel selected for straightness of grain strapped in the channel at multiple points with brown garden twine. The dowel is turned and twine retied every time I happen to think of it.

Regards,

White Fox

Back