• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

With the Queen Anne...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am going to make a mock set up for a brass casting that em compasses the barrel and the front point of the curved schnabel. Sort of what you see on some-----muskets. Me thinks it would add not only strength but an added embellishment that would really make it pop as one of a kind. Not queen Anne but Pedersolis aren,t really either. After all they have no sights to begin with. Thought,s?

Sounds like a barrel band? I know it's pendersoli joke calling it a queen Anne so considering it isn't a QA I shall continue.

The pistol in question with the butt cap has much more of an English look to it. Barrel bands tended to be more modern as well as French and Spanish.

IF

On the other hand if this is more a nose cap then that would fit. Of course making a pattern, casting, fitting may be much more work than pouring a pewter one.

Pictures help, I suppose the difference is whether you want to protect the wood or secure the barrel.

Sounds like a barrel band? I know it's pendersoli joke calling it a queen Anne so considering it isn't a QA I shall continue.

The pistol in question with the butt cap has much more of an English look to it. Barrel bands tended to be more modern as well as French and Spanish.

IF

On the other hand if this is more a nose cap then that would fit. Of course making a pattern, casting, fitting may be much more work than pouring a pewter one.

Pictures help, I suppose the difference is whether you want to protect the wood or secure the barrel.
Thanks for responding yes a barrel band of sorts but cast in one piece. I know it is not a Queen Anne by any measure of standards but I thought I would come up with a better addition for such. trying to think outside the box. Properly done it would be an awesome addition to a somewhat great pistol as it stands..

We can agree to disagree on it being a somewhat great pistol. My opinion is it lacks the right feel in you hand (personal opinion) and the lock geometry is poor. It is however the "best" small early pistol in production. It's closest competitor is the Indian made Murdock which of all the various India imports tend to have some of the more problematic locks. I think a barrel band would make the pistol look clunky but that's just a guess on my attempt at visualization.

We can agree to disagree on it being a somewhat great pistol. My opinion is it lacks the right feel in you hand (personal opinion) and the lock geometry is poor. It is however the "best" small early pistol in production. It's closest competitor is the Indian made Murdock which of all the various India imports tend to have some of the more problematic locks. I think a barrel band would make the pistol look clunky but that's just a guess on my attempt at visualization.eed!

Agreed. they were all clunky to today,s standard.s Im not a fan of India built weapon,s....but more of a fan of the tried and true,can they be improved? yes, Just putting out a concept like we do on here...it,s not a great pistol for sure but can be improved upon.

We can agree to disagree on it being a somewhat great pistol. My opinion is it lacks the right feel in you hand (personal opinion) and the lock geometry is poor. It is however the "best" small early pistol in production. It's closest competitor is the Indian made Murdock which of all the various India imports tend to have some of the more problematic locks. I think a barrel band would make the pistol look clunky but that's just a guess on my attempt at visualization.
P.S. im not a fan of Indian trade goods

I built this kit of a J.P.Beck pistol about 7-8 years ago, from a vendor at Dixon's . Has a brass barrel in .50 cal., I fired it one time, took it apart, refinished it, I changed the tint of the wood.

Attachments

• IMG_0644.JPG
    IMG_0644.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0645.JPG
    IMG_0645.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0647.JPG
    IMG_0647.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Back