• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wisconsin gobbler score.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Despite the rain I scored a nice gobbler today. Sitting Fox .54 smoothbore from a kit. Ounce and a quarter lead #6 shot ahead of 80 grs fffg, did a good job! :hatsoff:

[image [/img]

A seriously hearty congratulations especially considering the weather we've all been having up here. :hatsoff:

Thank God we haven't gotten the really nasty stuff our southern brethren have gotten, but heavy rain and super high winds most of the week certainly were anti-turkey hunting. Calmed a bit today...just rainy.

Way to go Irondog!!! :thumbsup:

Glad to see your success. It seems harvest pics have been a little scarce this Spring. :hmm:

Was he willing to gobble despite the wet weather?

Congrats, Skychief

Congrats, Irondog! You can tell by his tail he's a little soaked! :grin:
Looks like you had a great day despite the weather...

Congratulations on a fine bird. I'm hoping to get out again now that the weather has turned nice. Other problems may deep me at home rather than the field.

Not many around here. BUT did have one in the yard this afternoon. Was working on a tractor and made a loud bang. Heard a gobble and the tom was about 75 feet away. Big bird prob had a 12 inch or longer beard. I don't get into Turkey hunting anymore. I lucked out and got a 13 inch with a Bow a few years ago. After that I saw a bunch of Turkeys eating a dead Deer killed by blue tongue. :barf: Now I just consider them a Buzzard with a beard. :grin: Larry

Great photo and gobbler Irondog!
What was your range on this bird? How long of a barrel is your 54?

My 54 has a 42 inch Colerain barrel, the range was right at 20 yards. I used my decoy for range stakes, and he was beatin' the hell out of my Jake. A lot of load testing was done, that one was 80 grs FFFG, an over powder nitro wad, a fiber was dipped in hot patch lube, my shot package is two thicknesses of butcher paper, both ends tied with string, with the front end ripped off, and a card over shot wad. I prime from the horn with FFFG. Not one BB was below the crop. I was pretty happy about that.

Those wet birds don't make for the best picture in the world but you can fluff them back up with hair dryer if you want to cape them or keep the tail fan. Congrats. Especially a rainy day flint bird. I know you were probably saying before the shot "please go boom, please go boom" LOL.

Looks like that could have been a nice tight shot pattern! Any chance in getting a photo of one of your butcher paper shot charges?

Back