• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Windage screw for TC Hawken?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Msplcdyankee

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have seem to have lost the E Clip that holds the windage screw on my TC Hawken rear sight. Dang they are small, would anyone here "bouts know th size I need to get for a replacement? Thanks in advance.

No clue. We have a neat lil shop called copper point nuts n bolts er similar. I take alotta stuff there and they match it up. Most I ever paid was $.79

I would like to suggest you remove the entire site and replace with a old style. Just file n tap till yer zeroed in and never worry bout it again. I have both adjustable and fixed sites and wayyy prefer the fixed myself :idunno:

If its just a E clip call your local auto parts store like Napa or car Quest, most of them have a bulk assortment and might fix you up. Call them or go in EMPTY handed and talk to them before walking in with a gun in your hands.

why walk into an auto parts store with a gun at all? since the clip's gone the screw will screw right out then just take the screw into the store & see if ya can match it up. and get several while yer at it.

azmntman said:
I would like to suggest you remove the entire site and replace with a old style. Just file n tap till yer zeroed in and never worry bout it again. I have both adjustable and fixed sites and wayyy prefer the fixed myself :idunno:

:hatsoff: Remember, an adjustable sight becomes a fixed sight once you are done adjusting it. The only reason for REAL adjustable sights is if you are going to be moving them in the middle of a shot string, or you really know how much each click will move it. Competition shooters (and those shooting at game at very long ranges) regularly adjust their sights or scopes throughout a shot string a click or two after each shot to adjust to how the barrel is performing as it is heating up or cooling throughout the match. But they use VERY high quality iron sights, or externally adjustable scopes. Unless you are shooting that kind of shooting, and really know your sight, an adjustable sight is just adding unnecessary complexity, and introducing one more thing that can go wrong. Go with a fixed sight, and spend the time to get it adjusted to where it is going to STAY put. You'll be happier in the end.

see if you can get what you need at a gun shop, contender sights are the same.

The e clip needed I found out actually is a 3/32 and is quite common I guess. All is fixed and well.Taking the Hawken to the range Saturday for some therapy. Thanks for the recommendations and assistance.

Back