• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Will we be able to sell lead?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schreck5

36 Cal.
Reaction score
If we ever see a complete nation-wide ban on lead, will we still be able to sell it or will "they" confinscate it? Plus possible heavy fines for possessing a toxic/contra-ban substance? Just curious what ya'll thought. Sorry if I am beating a dead horse here.

Just like most everthing the Government does; you won't know till it happens. The latest word I got was any new ammo after 2016 can't contain lead. That's all I know at this point.

Makes a fellow wonder what the DHLS is going to do with all the stockpiled ammo they supposedly have. They will probably be exempt though.

Walks with fire said:
The latest word I got was any new ammo after 2016 can't contain lead. That's all I know at this point.
Where did you hear that?
Please provide a link for this information.
Because I've had no news of this at all.

This is how an Internet Myth begins.

necchi said:
Walks with fire said:
The latest word I got was any new ammo after 2016 can't contain lead. That's all I know at this point.
Where did you hear that?
Please provide a link for this information.
Because I've had no news of this at all.

This is how an Internet Myth begins.

Yep. "heard" or "some guy" are the worst sources in the world.
Next worst are gun shop clerks.

Yeah,
It is cheaper to use depleted uranium, perhaps still a little bit active.
Of course we wouldn't want to shoot someone, with something, that might kill him. :rotf: Like lead & copper.
Perhaps we could use spare bunny fur.
Fred

Last edited by a moderator:
You might be suprised, when I was active duty in 2007-09 there were a suprising number of electric and natural gas vehicles on base too. This no lead in US military small arms ammo is something that's been in the works for a long time but they haven't (last I heard) found a suitable substitute.

Can we stop getting all tinfoil hat about this stuff.

M.D. said:
Yeah, like the military is concerned with the environment in war! :rotf: Mike D.
In the case of War I think the rules might get tossed,
But the big current issue is the practice ranges they use,
And the biggest deal is the copper bullets preform better in ballistics and penetration.
http://www.aschq.army.mil/ac/aais/ioc/LCAAP/Industry_Day/634272332137343750.pdf

Can we stop getting all tinfoil hat about this stuff.
Unfortunately with some guys I don't think that's quite possible. No matter how much of the facts they get it's still an "infowars" world

There are a couple of articles recently written about a smelter closing due to EPA regs. Some jackass fearmonger editor/blogger got ahold of the original article, and thoughtfully neglected to mention that the smelter co. is considering to build a compliant facility. It was also neglected to mention that there are about 8-9 other smelters in the same locale that remain in business. Add in all the recycling facilities, and the fear of lead turning into gold is a buncha' bunk perpetrated by someone bent on deliberate obfuscation.

If you, or anyone in your family, owns a gold coin dated before 1934 it is because someone disobeyed a federal law and "hid" the gold from the government.

The Gold Reserve Act of 1934 made it illegal for an American Citizen to possess gold. Someone must have disobeyed. Some millions of people seem to have disobeyed. And it disappeared like so many other reactive laws that punished the wrong behavior.

Suppose I ought to bury some of my scrap lead. It keeps.

I guess all car batteries will have to LiPos? That's going to cost a bunch. Sailboat keels? I own 5,000 pounds of lead in one piece!

Old Ford said:
Yeah,
It is cheaper to use depleted uranium, perhaps still a little bit active.

Fred

I talked with one Vet, who told me that his unit had to camp 1/2 a click upwind from the ammo dump that they were assign to. Seems that the Geiger readings were in the red.

Latest posts

Back