• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wildlife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bountyhunter

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Do you carry your camera when out and about? I usually do. These are some wildlife that I have caught out in the open while working in New Mexico.

Lets see yours.
307480.jpg

307481.jpg

This is a young buck, not worthy of killing yet
307484.jpg

This is a second buck that was less than 100 yards from the previous one.
307485.jpg

This roadrunner sits on my deck rail and looks in the window.
307509.jpg

This pair was lurking near the deck and succombed to modern technology with shot loads.
307502.jpg

Git yer cameras out and get some pics. The spring is comin on and you need to be scouting.

Lets see your pics.

Bill

He BH, nice photo's especially the roadrunner.
What were the snakes? Rattlers?
Ain't no snakes here in New Zealand thankfully.

No snakes!!!!! They say Saint Patrick ran all
the snakes from Ireland, he must have visited
New Zealand also :rotf:
snake-eyes :hmm:

There is a blue grouse on the log.Can you see him?Good Camo.And some mule deer at Mesa Verde Ntl.Park,abot 15 minutes away from home.
taylor001.jpg
deerpark.jpg

. I posted this picture on an earlier thread, but seeing as it's kind of unusual to see one of these fellows on dry land in the middle of the day, I thought it might fit in this thread.
IndianFieldsbeaver.jpg

Soggy

The pair of snakes were a mating pair. What first attracted me to their presence was their necks sticking up in the mating dance, spinning all around and such.

Didnt need a pair of Western Diamondbacks hatchin kids under my porch. One load of shot out of the .45 gave them a jolt that they were not expecting. The boards on the deck are 2x8's. The male on top is about 60" long. The fat one on the bottom is the female, and she is over 50". A bite from one of these size snakes can be fatal to weak or small people, and/or can cause the loss of an arm or leg on a healthy person.

Killed 5 of the beasties around my house last spring. I always keep something handy with a load of shot in it, usually the pistol in the picture or a .45 Colt with shot loads.

The roadrunner is stomping around the deck just now as I am typing this.

Bill

Never been MOONED by a buffalo, before. :rotf:
Cool pictures, I'm sure glad we don't have rattlers around here. I hate snakes.

Crowhop!
You live 15 minutes from Mesa Verde Nat'l Park?
I visited there and camped out with the wife and ou three, at the time, small children in May 1983. Have not been able to get back since. Long for places like that. I could lost there for days at a time and enjoy it immensely.
YHWH bless.
volatpluvia

Did you cook them up? I had some maybe 20/25 years ago, and it was great...
snake-eyes :hmm:

volatpluvia said:
Crowhop!
You live 15 minutes from Mesa Verde Nat'l Park?
I visited there and camped out with the wife and ou three, at the time, small children in May 1983. Have not been able to get back since. Long for places like that. I could lost there for days at a time and enjoy it immensely.
YHWH bless.
volatpluvia
There has been some fires up there the past few years and it looks different.I go every chance I get.There are lots of indian ruins around here,and artifact poachers :cursing: Ill post a pic of Cliff Palace at night.

gator.gif
It is spring in the south. I found this eight footer sunning this Monday afternoon. There are lots of them on the Georgia coast.

Hey Bill. :hatsoff: You know I haul out of New Orleans. When the twin span was out and we were having to go across hiway 11 I had a gator run out in front of me and I almost got him. I laid on the air and ....well they say a gator can't turn fast, they forgot to tell this one cuz he got nose to tail in a hurry. :grin:

We have a season but --- It takes about three years to get drawn, you have to first harpon, arrow or hook the critter and then finish it off with a pistol or bang stick. A primitive gator season would be interesting though!

That Ga. gator reminds me of when I lived in Savannah and was over on Hilton Head, S.C. We were driving down the beach..back in the 50's before all the motels, etc. were over there..and a big ole gator came out of the sand dunes and ran in front of the car, across the beach and into the ocean.
That was the first gator I'd ever seen in salt water. Down here in Central, Fl. I see them in saltwater all the time.
Here's an owl I took a picture of in Greenswamp public land fl.
whooter.jpg

That you LaVelle? One a these days I gotta come down that way and get me one. I used to do a lot of bountyhunting down in the Seven Devil Swamp area of southern Arkansas, down below Dumas. I used to see those critters all the time on those soggy backwoods trails. I never got to shoot one of them cause I was usually hot on the trail of a runner.

They ran a lot of chain gangs down there, and they'd have about a dozen guys chest deep across those canals and ditches choppin cattails and weeds. They'd have a couple trustees on horses, one on each side of the ditch with rifles. I was settin there one day chewin the fat with one of the captains and I said how come those trustees carry rifles instead of shotguns? He said, "they aint to shoot the prisoners, they is to kill the gators."

Bill

Bountyhunter said:
That you LaVelle? One a these days I gotta come down that way and get me one.

Bill

Yep it's me. Thot ya'd recognize me from that "other" forum I used to go to before it got so politically correct.

Back