• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wife's rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trapper

40 Cal.
Reaction score
The Missus ask me to build her a 45 cal that fit her. So her it is. 45 cal. GM barrel 1-66 twist. I shortened it to 31 inches long. The stock is from a black walnut blank left over from my 16 ga smoothie. Now, here was the fun part, scale down a Dickert.. Lancaster with a 10 1/2 inch pull and a 2 1/2 inch drop. The missus only stands 4'11". The baby Lancaster weighs 5lb. 12 ozs.Now , with a rifle that fits her, she has out shot me and a lot of the boys at the club!!!!!
Trapper
1053.jpg
[/img]
1052.jpg
[/img]
1051.jpg
[/img]

Nice work on the rifle. I especially like the coloring on the stock. Not so dark.

Just remember, whenever you debate yourself as to do what she wants or what you want, she is OUTSHOOTING you right now. :nono:

Outdoorman

nice gun. :thumbsup:

just start praticing more then you might out shoot her.

Trapper,
Great job! But,we don't count.What does your lady think????
snake-eyes:hmm:

Snake-eyes, she told me it is one of her most cherished possessions. I like it when she shows it off as her special made custom gun by a local gunsmith.I was proud when other woman in the club asked her to help them with their shooting technique. Now mind you, she has only been shooting for a year and a half, boy am I in trouble. Can you imagine how many more times I'm going to get my scores handed back to me with my wifes score higher than mine. But,it's OK I really like it when she's giggling in glee as the round balls hit the x ring. I'm right proud.
Trapper

Trapper said:
Snake-eyes, she told me it is one of her most cherished possessions. I like it when she shows it off as her special made custom gun by a local gunsmith. But,it's OK I really like it when she's giggling in glee as the round balls hit the x ring. I'm right proud.
Trapper
The real important thing is that she loves it and that YOU built it for her. I'd be tickled if my wife could out shoot me; I can't get her interested in shooting at all.

hey trapper! :grin: pretty sure we ain't gotta shoot "against" her at the n'eastern...hopefully they'll have a womans category... :thumbsup: (she may still beat us but not fer a prize..... :thumbsup: bless the lil darlin! :hatsoff:

mazo kid said:
I'd be tickled if my wife could out shoot me; I can't get her interested in shooting at all.

I know exactly where you are coming from there. I can barely even get mine to reload when I'm instructing.

Back