• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wife thinks I've got a problem!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riarcher

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Had to sweeten the wife up to buy my Bess, so I came up with a plan. ::
I told her SHE could have our income tax return IF I could get my Bess. She said "How?". I said I'd figure it out somehow. She agreed! :shocking:
Well Tuesday I went and bought me a new 2004 hunting green Silverado Pickem-up truck :applause:
That leaves me with the older one :winking:
When I sell that,,,,,, There's my Bess! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
Sounded like a plan? ::
And it works for me ::
Funnny though, The wife ain't said much for a couple of days now. ::

If you make enough on selling your old truck, you can buy some .715 round balls too... :winking:

Ahhh, life is good...

Kind of reminds me of an old pick up I once had. Took it in for an estimate on what it would take to get it back in shape. They suggested I jack up the radiator cap and drive a new pick up under it! So I did. Same reaction from my wife. I sure enjoyed the scilence :haha:

Sounds like a plan - what is the truck??
: I havne't broken the news to my wife (of 28 years) yet, about the new Bess, that is - hope I can swing it next month.
: Presently am driving an 81 Malibou with original miles of just under 100,000 mi. - about 147,000KM. Was my cousin's & she had it parked except for groceries and garaged all it's life. Pretty good shape thought- am picking up my mon's Olds in June from Ontario that's got 42,000KM - about 27,000 miles, bit less. Gotta fly there to pick it up and am dropping down to northern Minn, then through Montana, south Highway on the way back to B.C. Won't have much time for visiting, but have to see some internet friends there - 1 in Minn and 2 in Montana.
: Selling the Malibou to one of my hunting buddies(.75 English gun owner) for his daughter- $300.00 - about $500 short of the Sea Service from Mil.Her. BUT- already have the $500.00 put away.(sea service + bayonette) Yup, That's MY plan. Hope it works.
: Sure hope your's does too, Riarcher.
Daryl

Riarcher: She's going to say even less when she finds that her Income Tax Return amounts to $7.42.
I hope you got a good camper shell for your new pick-um-up cause that's where you may end up sleeping for the next year or so.
How will you know your supposed to sleep out there in your new truck if she's not speaking? The Pointing Finger coupled with "That Look" will suffice.

On the bright side, I'm sure your Bess will make a nice bedmate, and she won't kick or snore either. ::

:bull:
(love the gremlins!)
Inherited the old truck from dad about 8 yrs. ago.
Mitsubishi w/ 106ooo miles. Getting kind of "rickety" and a newer one was "on line" anyways.
Really not as bad as it sounded, wife is (sorts) okay with it all. :no:
Anyways, when it's sold I see an 1756 from Heritage coming by "Brown Mule".
Really, been doing the "truck thang" for a year and the wife was more into it than I (under the circumstances). Things are fine. She does talk (just ain't all that nice). Been tere before, and I endured. After 30 yrs. of marriage to the same ole, same ole, we kind of got to know each other a bit. ::

I hear ya mate!
I just scrimped and saved some of the money I get from playing in my band, and some side graphics work, bought my Loyalist Arms Bess, and THEN told her what I'd done.
She said she should be able to hold that over my head for quite a while!
Ah well, getting my Bess!!

Keep the ideas comming!Sooner or later I'll come across one that will work with my Wife.She thinks that I have enough "guns" hanging around now.Only have a few!! :boohoo: She has been doing genealogy for 30+ years,but I can't convince Her that the study of the equipment,is also very very important too! :winking:I'll just keep trying and may wear Her down. :: I tried to convince Her that We should sell the ridding mower as it's better to use a push mower for health reasons,(diddn't work) :curse: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

She has been doing genealogy for 30+ years,but I can't convince Her that the study of the equipment,is also very very important too! :winking:

Tell her that the Bess you want may have been owned my your great-great-great grand-pappy, so it could be a family heirloom...

Then tell her that you must buy it on that slim chance it is, for the sake of preserving family history...

Funnny though, The wife ain't said much for a couple of days now. ::

It's natural for some people to be left "speechless" after hear'n an "ingenious" idea!!
Have patience, she'll "snap out of it sooner or later"!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Funnny though, The wife ain't said much for a couple of days now.

I would not complain when a good thing happens. ::

My wife once got mad at me and told me she was not going to talk to me for a week. Well three days later she gave in (she needed to chew my hole about something else I had done). That's when I comments that I was just starting to enjoy the peace and quiet and she broke her word because the week was not up. Needless to say she was not a happy person to be around for a while :).

You just got to make her a promise that you have no intention of keeping... :haha: Tell her that this will be the last gun you will ever need because you can do anything with it. Telling a lie about hunting and fishing equipment is allowed in the handbook of survial of marriage.

It is written we have a right to change our minds later down the road after everyone cools off and time passes...

Good luck getting your rifle. I just bought two Green Mountain Barrels. I just never told anyone..

Gordy - Buying a quality firearm is an investment, it will only appreciate if taken care of, so tell her that after your demise that she and the new boyfriend can sell it for much more than you spent on it..Hope that helps. Rocky /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Latest posts

Back