• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Why this muzzleloader regulations

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mmmm out of state with all you know some places there a little free.

I've been told to use my buck tag for a doe.. it's worth more anyway.

Things like that..

Like you know you can't risk it.

Mmm kinda but it's the people who don't hunt have vote against it.. it's a state thing not fish n game.

They like to have a day for them to hike without hunters.. sharing the woods..
More related to old "blue laws" based on religious beliefs. Same as laws against buying tools on Sunday in some states.

When I lived in Virginia early '70's it was against the law to hunt quail when there was snow on the ground.

Mmmm I got one more good one..

Out of state one guy from there never bought a hunting permit unless he got one. He waited till after.
Jokes never seen a warden.

You know lucky lucky lucky. The day he finds a warden will be the last.

More related to old "blue laws" based on religious beliefs. Same as laws against buying tools on Sunday in some states.

When I lived in Virginia early '70's it was against the law to hunt quail when there was snow on the ground.

That day is tuff.. back then it was a big thing. It the way they wanted it. Hunting was different. Did they need to hunt everyday..

Like places that close early and they don't have to but no one's out past 7.

You know if no one back then went hunting on that day anyway. Then that's it.

Just the way it was or is.

Mmmm

Had to argue with grandfather in law... it was there property. They could get private land doe permits for cheap there cheap they give them away.

He didn't want to unless I got one. I got him to go but I did get snippy in a way..

It was more grandmother in law that said go get them. You know.

Yes, I'm from VA. Never did understand that quail law. No hunting on Sunday is in fact an antiquated law, especially when we consider all the unholy acts that are permitted 7 days per week. I was only referring to my personal stance in that hunting is a violent activity that impacts my own personal standards for that one day. I'd not vote either way on the issue because what others do or don't do within the law is a personal choice.

You know.. my guns no good..

It's double barrel.. like two shots is no good but you can have 5 in an auto..

Buckshot no no no... why.. why Noo buck and or buck n ball for the muzzleloader..

A modern Shotgun they can use buck all season..
In my state the muzzleloader only season is like 3 times as long as the modern season, so they restrict us to a single loaded barrel/chamber (if using a revolving rifle) . If they give 1 advantage they seem to be compelled then hand out a handicap.

Back