• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Who owns a MVTC pistol?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes--the sear and frizzen springs were horrendously strong, I heated them to draw them down some. I stripped the stock and thinned it down considerably, then stained and oiled it.

In my opinion, it's best to look at these guns as kits in the white, and plan on doing some simple gunsmithing to make them much better in appearance and function.

Rod

Well, I'm away from the gun so I can't look at the breech right now, but I thought I'd chime in on the MVTC Murdoch pistol. Mine came through an MVTC dealer who proofed it with a .50 caliber ball and a 125 grain charge.

Seems safe enough for me.

I've got the MVTC double barreled Howdah pistol as well. I've gone up to 50 grains of 777 and 90 grains of #7 shot or a .60 ball with no problems.

The rear trigger wasn't heat treated properly and gave me some trouble when it bent, but I mailed it back and they got it back to me quickly. It's still soft, but I know what the problem is. I just haven't gotten around to mailing it back so they can repair it again.

Back