• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Which Siler lock?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sghart3578

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hello friends,
I recently bought a nice used rifle. It has a Green Mountain 1:70 barrel and a Siler style lock. There are no markings on the lock.

Assuming it is a Chambers lock how can I tell if it is a standard or a deluxe?

Thanks for your time.

Chambers had kits that others would assemble and sell. Some would put their stamp on the backside of the lock plate. If that’s the case in your situation?

I have a custom Southern Mountain Rifle with a Siler built by Herman Stone of ( Locks&Stuff ) . On the back of the lock plate there is a stamp of a Box with the capital initials LS in the box, thus, Locks&Stuff.

Respectfully, Cowboy
517F4B69-BF45-4140-99B4-C316238CFDB0.jpeg17336ECA-3B0C-46DF-954D-E208BDF79EB7.jpeg323FC5C0-89A4-4666-9600-A13C18710C1E.jpeg

Last edited:
A Deluxe Siler has a different(shape and height) hammer, fancier frizzen spring, and tumbler and a longer throw. Go to Chamber's website and look at the pictures. L&R sells a Germanic style lock that resembles a Siler, but it has a roller on the frizzen.

A Deluxe Siler has a different(shape and height) hammer, fancier frizzen spring, and tumbler and a longer throw. Go to Chamber's website and look at the pictures. L&R sells a Germanic style lock that resembles a Siler, but it has a roller on the frizzen.

If you’re using mine for a reference, I didn’t say this was a deluxe Siler.

Would also like to know what you see as far as a lock on these pics posted my friend.

Would appreciate the education.

Respectfully, Cowboy

Well, friend. If you read the original post , he asked what the difference was. I answered his question. I didn't even look at your lock. Jim doesn't have the parts for a LH Deluxe Siler. Here is one of my locks. An old Siler by Don Eades engraved by G. L. Jones.

New .40cal. rifle A 002.JPG

Last edited:
Thank you guys. Some very good info.

Do you know the difference in hammer length between the large Siler and the deluxe Siler?

if you will go to Chambers' website or Track of the Wolf, there are pictures you can compare. I dug one out of the safe that I had converted to a Deluxe. It is 40mm from the screw to the bottom jaw. The lock I posted above is 35mm for the same measurement.

Last edited:
The Deluxe Siler has different internals that lengthen the cock fall and the cock is taller. This, at least, is what I've noticed comparing them.

Back