• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Where to find .450" diameter, .5" thick fiber wads?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am trying to find some Circle Fly wads - .450" diameter, 1/2" thick. I used to buy these at Track of the Wolf - part number WAD-450-C, but they have been out of stock for some time.

I use these as a filler inside my combustible Sharps cartridges between the powder and bullet.

Thanks,

I think I hit most, if not all the vendors on the list with no luck.

I don't know that I would have a lot of luck hand punching 1/2" thick material. Not even sure what the material is.

I have also contacted Circle Fly. Maybe they will respond.

I used to make punches for wads ,If my eyes get better I could make you a punch but right now I can not do any machining. I can not get glasses fit .properly since by eye surgery and I have bleeding in the left eye which is getting worse.

ballistic products has similar in .455 1/2" thick fiber cushion wads #FC.455

Try Flintlocks, Inc. in Indiana. Or, that size you could punch out your own. El Cheapo punches, which are actually quite good, can be bought from Harbor Freight tools. Any suitable material can be used for the wads. Cheapskate me would probably go to resale shops and look for felt hats.

It's hard to find felt hats made out of 1/2" thick felt though. One heck of a hat! :)

I got some .460 ones from The Gun Works. They fit in my Sharps tubes fine.

Latest posts

Back