• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Where is your favorite source?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pork Chop

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Since few of us live near shops that cater to traditional muzzleloading, what is your favorite mail order shop for general supplies and why?

there is a place here in North little rock called the muzzleloader shop. just a guy who has his shop out back where he builds them. he does sell supplies and carries schuetzen powder for $13.50 a pound(not sure if that is good or bad)

We have a Sportsmans Warehouse here but they dont sell blackpowder. They do have a reasonable selection of traditional stuff (balls, patches, caps, etc.) but I prefer Track of the Wolf for anything else. My reasons are; 1)great selection 2) fast service 3)decent prices. not neccessarily in that order.
Idaho PRB

1st is probably Dixie Gun Works,2nd is fooferaw from Crazy Crow,Third Blue Heron Mercantile.I like Avalon Forge too.

Flintlocks Inc., out of southern Indiana. They set up a big display at Friendship and they must be open 18 or 20 hours a day. He's one of the few who stay open into the evening, but he's the king of late night.
Very knowledgeable, huge stock, and friendly folks.

Track of the Wolf, Log Cabin Shop, Rightnour Mfg, The Maine Powder House.
Fort Frederick Market Fair every year to re-supply too. :surrender:

TC barrels from TC's Fox Ridge store;

GM barrels from GM and/or through Cain's Outdoor;

Large size brass pan primer from Possible Shop;

Oxyoke & TC Patches from whoever has the best volume purchase price, usually online auctions;
(lately, equivalent high quality patches at half-price from Muzzleloader Originals c/o Southern Bloomer;)

Natural Lube 1000 and Hoppes No9 Plus Lube from online auctions;

Hornady balls at low prices from online auctions.
(lately, equivalent high quality cast balls at half-price from Eddie May in Georgia;)

Custom brass ramrods from October Country;

Cleaning patches from Southern Bloomer;

I've always had good service from Cain's Outdoors in West Virginia[url] www.cainsoutdoor.com[/url]. They make alot of their own stuff (range rods, nipples, etc.) & it's good quality. They are the retail division of Mountain State Muzzleloading. I occasionally buy from TOTW & Cabelas, but mostly from Cain's. For powder I go to Powder,Inc.[url] www.powderinc.com[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, what a variety of places! I figured one or two would be blindingly prominent. Boy was I wrong!!

The Log Cabin in Lodi, Ohio has one of the best collections of vintage blackpowder guns around.
They carry just about anything you need as far as gun parts and such.

october country and track of the wolf. both ordered on sat had stuff by weds. both fairly priced, and easy on the shipping.

I suggest adding Stonewall Creek Outfitters to the list. I bought some parts from the former owner and was very pleased with the quality of the items and the prices.

JWP said:
The Log Cabin in Lodi, Ohio has one of the best collections of vintage blackpowder guns around.
They carry just about anything you need as far as gun parts and such.

I agree. Had many items ordered from them. They have nearly everything in stock and shipp fast for a good price. I like the US traders because they have equipment which you can't get in GE so easy like speedloaders, bulletbords, huntings bags etc. All that stuff which is need for ML outdoor, hunting and rendezvous.

Dixie and Cains. Of the two I prefer Cains for there knowledge and if there is a problem they will take care of it no questions asked.

Pork Chop,
I deal with these because I have never had a problem with them.
Dixie Gun Works
RMC Sports
Cain's
Log Cabin Shop
I've also purchased from the classifieds here at the MLF without any problems.
snake-eyes:hatsoff:

I use October Contry aand TOTW. great sevice and quick shipping. they have everything I need and one stop shopping and shipping. F.K.

I find that I order a lot from Dixie and TOW both. I like the Possible Shop too. Actually, it's not far from me, but I don't think they have an actual store.

What I can't get from Bayou Muzzleloading Member/Gunsmith Tom "Rooster" Cogburn, I usually order from TOW or Dixie.

Back