• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Where can I get a 48" barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CWC

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm looking for sources for the parts for a northwest trade gun. I would like to build one with a 48" 24ga barrel. The longest barrel I've found online is a 46". Does anyone know where I can find a 4' barrel?

Bobby Hoyt or Charles Burton will also make them that length, as will John Getz, but every custom barrel maker has their own schedule, and it varies from customer to customer, and time to time. So just because somebody else has gotten a custom-dimensioned barrel recently from maker X in 3 months doesn't mean you will.

I wish somebody like Rice would do some runs of longer fowling gun barrels. It just seems there's never going to be enough demand for it as everybody wants their own length, profile, gauge, form etc.

Birddog6 - Thanks for the offer, but I'm set on the 24ga. I called Ed Rayl and he said his wait was 6 months to a year. I was about to place the order with him when I saw the post that mentioned Charles Burton. I called Burton and he said he could do it in 3 to 6 months. So, I mailed my check off to Burton. Thanks for the help!

I have a Charles Burton barrel and am super happy with it. Bore is super consistent, the finish is excellent inside and out, and a he's great guy to deal with. I should not say all these nice things because he will become more popular and his backlog will grow.

Good, you could order one. Check Flea-bay, every once in a while they have barrel stretchers for sale reasonably. Generally find them around early April, though rayle, and Burton are the best way to go. :hatsoff:

Bill

Back