• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wheelocks from the rifle shoppe?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kit? Wrong word for what they provde ... at least for wheellocks. Wow, talk about ROUGH cast parts! And remember ... provided with no instructions or prints either.

Trained as a machinist and damn good with my hands, it became readily apparent that is was unbuildable 'to me', by me, but luckily Brian Anderson was just the talented artist, gunsmith and blacksmith to complete it. His words ... "Most of their small parts were unusable, so I made new ones."

Kit? Wrong word for what they provde ... at least for wheellocks. Wow, talk about ROUGH cast parts! And remember ... provided with no instructions or prints either.

Trained as a machinist and damn good with my hands, it became readily apparent that is was unbuildable 'to me', by me, but luckily Brian Anderson was just the talented artist, gunsmith and blacksmith to complete it. His words ... "Most of their small parts were unusable, so I made new ones."
Wow! Great to know. Thank you for the heads up. Where can a person go to find a decent kit or assembled lock?

If you email Dr Balász Németh off his site at kapszli.hu he might give you the address of the gentleman in Poland who made his pair of pistols. He was, at one time, a poster here, and his remarkable and costly works of art were wondered at by us all. Dr Németh, is, of course better known as capandball on Youtube.

If on Facebook, one can contact Bolek Maciaszczyk on his 'Matchlock and Wheellock Guns' group. He is the gentleman Mr. Foley is referring to.

From what I know, Brian's wheelies are less costly, less wait too and work perfectly!

Snooterpup:

If on Facebook, one can contact Bolek Maciaszczyk on his 'Matchlock and Wheellock Guns' group. He is the gentleman Mr. Foley is referring to.

From what I know, Brian's wheelies are less costly, less wait too and work perfectly!

Bolek actually rebuilt a TRS Dutch Wheellock mechanism I had because it wasn't designed properly. Now she works great and Bolek didn't recommend the TRS locks because of their poor geometry. From personal experience, I'd have to agree.

Some parts are fine the Doghead will save you a lot of work I made up a pistol lock but it was a struggle pan parts should be good time saver . Generally TRS parts are ok but they arn't paint by numbers stuff .
Regards Rudyard

Back