• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wheellocks by Brian Anderson

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
At the New England ‘Colonial Trade’ show today.

This is just part of the table of Brian Anderson‘s display of the wheellocks that he has made, on two of them shown he made every single piece, forging them.

The other photos show the combination wheellock spanner and primer, including one that has a knife blade attached. Amazing, amazing pieces!

I sooooooo wish that he was still actively building!

179BF635-050D-44DB-B870-9A4DF44EF771.jpeg
ED906221-4FAD-4757-92AA-790A979C8935.jpeg
6CB85075-7305-450D-8CD4-73FF1014D868.jpeg
04ED63B8-277B-48D0-B6A8-CE963B5EA768.jpeg
E9C17C76-29C0-47E4-A922-2CAAB0751B80.jpeg

At the New England ‘Colonial Trade’ show today.

This is just part of the table of Brian Anderson‘s display of the wheellocks that he has made, on two of them shown he made every single piece, forging them.

The other photos show the combination wheellock spanner and primer, including one that has a knife blade attached. Amazing, amazing pieces!

I sooooooo wish that he was still actively building!

View attachment 207082View attachment 207084View attachment 207085View attachment 207087View attachment 207088
I am extremely envious of that middle long wheellock.

The Italian arms book I recently got has a great example of that bottom flask spanner combo and it looks like Mr Anderson did it justice!

Hi Flint

Thanks for posting. Yes, so sorry Brian is no longer building. That day eventually reaches all of us. Brian built for a long time. Brian has that rare combination of a skilled builder AND a master blacksmith. Although he has built two guns for me, I've only meat him once briefly. My best wishes to him.

You just gotta love those two primers. What art work.

And what a fine display!!! Those wheellocks are fabulous. Although, my favorite would probably be the one that looks like an English lock, just above the wheellocks.

Rick

Back