• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What's in your shooting bag?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I have a small patch knife that fits in a sheath made into the strap of my shooting bag. It's small but very sharp. I use my belt knife (the one pictured above) for just about everything I need a knife for. I probably didn't need the patch knife, but it does come in handy on occasion.

That's a dandy blade! Is that a custom built? I'm particularly fond of my mora classic #2. I actually tailor my bag to each hunt or event. It's amazing how the possibles differ from person to person!

My Mora #2 and Hawk, also one of my trade knives.

AYwQCKx.jpg

vDD9GBE.jpg

nZiwYIw.jpg

That's a sweet lookin knives. Same for the hawk.

My knife was bought off of a guy on ebay. I buy a lot of my stuff from ebay actually. The seller had the knife I bought and another similar to it. From what his auctions said he was the maker. I like it. It's exactly the kind of knife I was looking for when I started out hunting for my belt knife.

The price I paid for it was pure theft. I got it for a very good price. It takes and holds a very nice razors edge too.

Yes, I'm enjoying the pictures and comments from others. It's very enlightening to see what each individual decides to include in their bags.

Would that be one of Jeff White's knives? I picked a few of them up on ebay over the years and really like what he puts together.

Love those Mora knives and didn't realize they made a "classic" model..will have to check that out.

Yes, the classic IMO for someone who wants a more traditional look but high quality blade is a knock out. The high carbon steel blade with the scandi grind can be made scalpel sharp with good stones. I find the smaller #2 more versatile than the larger #3, as is the case with most larger knives. However, for the price I couldn't pass it up either! Here's a comparison with the two, re worked my hawk handle and applied more linseed oil to all three handles tonight. The hawk and #2 are always with me in the field and a good ole Opinel 8 in my possibles bag!

RZEWPQ7.jpg

To be honest, I don't remember who the seller was. I'll check my history on ebay and see if I can find out. if I can I'll let you know who it was.

Thanks for the additional pics Crewdawg, those are good looking knives to my eye and i've had the regular Mora's for years...love that steel!

No need to go searching IowaShooter but thank you, I just thought i recognized those knives as those similar to all of Jeff's ebay adds. He had a guy making pretty nice sheaths for them too back a few years ago, both the knives and sheaths were great deals and of excellent quality i thought.

It's not a problem. The guy I bought the knife from was a seller named carpenter9877. He's got a few items on for sale now including two belly knifes.

I made contact with the guy who made my measure and asked him if he will make any more of them. He responded that he will make custom ones for you and to your own design any time of year. The one like he made me was a normal run that he usually starts making just before hunting season. So I assume that means he will start making and selling them on eBay sometime during the late summer.

Feel free to contact him with any questions. He seems to be a decent guy.

Johnny - Both the powder measure and the knife look very much like they came from Old Dominion Forge.

I've got 3 knives and as many powder measures from him over the years. I just checked his site and he doesn't seem to have as many measures as he once had but he's still got a good selection.

He makes A LOT of items, so scroll down until you see POWDER HORNS AND MEASURES
olddominionforge.com

You won't be disappointed.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is for my boy`s .32 cal percussion. Bullet bag made from suede. the cap made from a brass 5.56mm case that doubles as a 20gr measure. the horn is made from a souvenir store horn, all that i got when i found it was the horn itself with staple holes in it for the strap. soapstone bullet mold, and flat sided cutters for the sprue. red case is caps and glass top container is patch lube made from tallow and beeswax. am currently looking for a nicer container for the caps. the short starter is from moose antler tine and the brass is .22 cases. the .32 engraved on the end is my first attempt at scrimshaw. we currently share the shooting bag with my .50 as he is only 9, we shoot together.

:thumbsup: This was really great to see los hermanos shooting pouches. Now I feel like a hoarder as my shooting accessories have increased to the point where I have a pouch for each of the types, Matchlock, flintlock, percussion pistols, and a couple of metal ammo cans, every time I go to the range! I really need to SIMPLIFY the whole gear set up! It's a trip to the local shooting range, not an apocalyptic Zombie survival trip. Those Boy Scout years made me a little overly paranoid!
Thank you all for sharing!

Back