• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What to do when you can’t do anything else.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Minus 31 here this morning, starting on a wool greatcoat and digging around making more gear just hugging my rifles.

Sleeping in.......
Taking an hour to prepare and eat breakfast.
Half hour warm shower.
Noticing that my ¼-wave vertical antenna for 160m ham band has a broken off guy-wire and trying to plan how the h.... I am going to fix that.
Getting ready to go out and fix my guy-wire, then drive to work to fix a few things and that is scary because many of these Carolinieans dont know how to drive on ice.

Well tomorrow is a day off so gonna go try and catch a few Gills or Crappie through the ice on a local reservoir. Big storm coming in next couple of days so hope for a good bite.

Curious to what flies you are tying? I am tying flies for a Green River, UT trip in April (BWO's), lake flies for a large reservoir trip here in Colorado in May (Denny Rickard's patterns), and Mothers Day caddis patterns for a trip in May to local Colorado waters. There are several other fly fishing trips (Wyoming and Colorado) scheduled with friends but no specific patterns involved.
MikeW
Simple black fly spinners, caddis, olive all-rounder nymphs, hair's ear nymphs, some streamers, wooly worm, black nosed dace, mickey fin... some basic trout stuff for April-May and some lake stuff for bass and panfish

Got some of the guns out today and gave them a quick going over oiled patch down the bore and a quick wipe down with an oil cloth. Got my second Covid vaccine injection two days ago and have been feeling rough ever since So A good time to make sure all the guns are in good shape.
I do like a make and mend day about once a month, all most as good as shooting. Swab, oil my steel, oil the stocks, sharpen knifes, repair any stuff I tore or what ever last trek.

Always maintenance to do or think about and put off till later. Back in Florida now
it is about 60 outside and dropping- raining. Wish I could have a shot of Jack but
anymore, I can't, day after I look like death warmed over, and these days I need my
98.6 degrees--all of them. Times like these I just stay thankful to the Lord for keeping
me and forgiving me for all the trouble I have caused in life. Thankful for having a
roof when so many do not. Thankful for my little extras like some BP stuff and the good
company of others,such as on this forum .

rained 6" this week and river is high. Added all new granite kitchen, heat pump and new bath out in guesthouse. Trying to keep mind off the shots as friend got his on Jan 25 and passed last week, Not even allowed a funeral.

I prefer to go on internet forums and make outlandish and provocative statements and hurl personal attacks to besmirch the character of people I don't know and never met.

You keep THAT up and you'll get promoted to MODERATOR....HAHAHAHA!!!

Sorry Zonie and the rest...I just couldn't resist...😂

I have cleaned all the guns (again) and have been tying flies. Mostly small stuff for spring, if it quits snowing and raining. Emergers, soft hackles, small dries, and small nymphs. I too have had both Covid vaccine shots and am anxious to get out of the house.

Glad to send this nice warm weather down to the states for y’all to enjoy. I will be tapping the maple woods in a couple of weeks and spring will return.

Around 0 degrees last few days in am. Busting ice out of buckets, chopping hole in stream for water for the horses.
Looking for a .50 or .54 pistol to go with my Hawken and Sharps.

Latest posts

Back