• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What to do when you can’t do anything else.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screenshot_20210214-074728_Facebook.jpg

Shop fettling.....

Watching the documentary "World At War", received for Christmas from one of our sons and his wife.
Originally made back in the 70's and vastly upgraded for Blu-Ray.

Shop fettling.....

Watching the series 'Barney Miller', received from my wife for Christmas.

Shop fettling.....

Getting gas struts/springs engineered to open/close the down range doors on the shooting house.

Shop fettling.....

Its always nice to have other hobbies, so when you cant do one, you can do something else, until you can get back to the other.

As much as I love firearms, they don't consume my every waking moment.

Thank you. You pushed me over the edge. I have been contemplating wristwatch repair. I guess it is time to bite the bullet!

Well today I spent 8 hours on the ice and me and one of my sons kept 50 nice bluegills. Only people on the lake what an awesome day before a winter storm hits tomorrow.

Normally I'd be playing with my knives or tinkering making one. Sometimes doing a repair on a rifle too. This time I am preparing for surgery in a couple weeks. Dr said to rest and take in 100-150 grams of protein a day. Tuff to do but I am working on it. 2 weeks from now I'll have holes all over my chest and tubes coming out from all over. Going round 2 with esophageal cancer 1st time was stage IV and they did radiation and chemo. This time it is surgery to remove most of my esophagus and then chemo. Have a few things to do before "just in case". Would make it worse if the weather was nice but I really can't say I enjoy below zero weather anymore healthy or otherwise.

Normally I'd be playing with my knives or tinkering making one. Sometimes doing a repair on a rifle too. This time I am preparing for surgery in a couple weeks. Dr said to rest and take in 100-150 grams of protein a day. Tuff to do but I am working on it. 2 weeks from now I'll have holes all over my chest and tubes coming out from all over. Going round 2 with esophageal cancer 1st time was stage IV and they did radiation and chemo. This time it is surgery to remove most of my esophagus and then chemo. Have a few things to do before "just in case". Would make it worse if the weather was nice but I really can't say I enjoy below zero weather anymore healthy or otherwise.
Thanks for giving me some perspective. Good luck with your procedure.

You all have no clue, I came from an (unnamed) political forum that's so rough and tumble it makes this place look like the Sesame Street forum.

Yea, but on a political forum you'd expect infighting and backbiting... if my grandpa was still alive he'd change his mantra to "never talk religion, politics, sex or MUZZLELOADERS!!"
Haha

Yea, but on a political forum you'd expect infighting and backbiting... if my grandpa was still alive he'd change his mantra to "never talk religion, politics, sex or MUZZLELOADERS!!"
Haha
There are political forums then there's the one I'm on.......... The one I'm one would get most banned on every other political forum.

Firestick, My best wishes go your way for the very best outcome with your surgery. You have many well wishers rooting for you.

Back