• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What to do when you can’t do anything else.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassdog1

32 Seneca Guy
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Got some of the guns out today and gave them a quick going over oiled patch down the bore and a quick wipe down with an oil cloth. Got my second Covid vaccine injection two days ago and have been feeling rough ever since So A good time to make sure all the guns are in good shape.

Attachments

• 03A8D418-10F7-49E7-8A74-2AC1019C8597.jpeg
    03A8D418-10F7-49E7-8A74-2AC1019C8597.jpeg
    106.5 KB · Views: 124
Finishing the stock on the kit I got last week. Other wise making like a Bear and hibernating.

Its always nice to have other hobbies, so when you cant do one, you can do something else, until you can get back to the other.

As much as I love firearms, they dont consume my every waking moment.

Mine either been Ice Fishing lately some but I like to get them all out regularly and give them a good once over.
A friend of my daughter's father had a stroke and is just beginning to walk again, she asked me to make him a walking staff, (I've made several for local folks) and I've wood burned a Celtic deer (elk) around the upper 6-7 inches of it, and am finishing it in Tru-Oil. An older lady has one I made that has a Celtic peacock wood burned in it. She uses it religiously.

Got my second Covid vaccine injection two days ago and have been feeling rough ever since .

I got my second Moderna shot for COVID yesterday....,
This morning it feels like I did a full body workout yesterday with weights..., I'm built like Santa C., so you can imagine what jumping into a full body weights workout would do to a person the following morning...,

I like to, if the guns and rifles are all 100%, I like to look for small projects. Like making a pair of mits from an old pair of knee-high wool stockings. I have a very old, ill kept wool blanket, that should've not been put in a washer nor drier over its life. I found a reference to a fellow with a hunting shirt "filled with wool", which I understand means "quilted". The blanket isn't much good as a blanket but I think if I used it as the "filling" on a winter, quilted hunting shirt..., that might be a good idea.

Maybe I'll re-haft a knife blade or two, since the modern handle on the carbon steel messes up the visual, and I can put a proper handle with three steel pins on them pretty well.

🤔

LD

Clean guns, clean fly fishing gear, tie some flies, get to the range when temps approach 20F....clean guns, clean fly fishing gear, tie some flies....ya'll get the picture.
Actually, the above is only true when family, church, and work responsibilities allow for it.

I'm wiring and plumbing up my reverse osmosis machine I'm building getting ready for maple syruping. Should be a BIG time saver. That starts in just a few weeks. Next up is to build a vacuum press to make filtering faster.

I already have the tomato and pepper seeds started.

Sipping bourbon is the only leisure activity that makes sense to me when the temp is in single digits.

I do that from time to time. :thumb:

I keep an eye on my smokers and periodically take them out and go over them. I don't have that many, but by the time I get to the last one it'll soon be time to start over.

Got some of the guns out today and gave them a quick going over oiled patch down the bore and a quick wipe down with an oil cloth. Got my second Covid vaccine injection two days ago and have been feeling rough ever since So A good time to make sure all the guns are in good shape.
Nice rifles!What’s the purpose of what looks like cotton between the nipple and the hammer?

Clean guns, clean fly fishing gear, tie some flies, get to the range when temps approach 20F....clean guns, clean fly fishing gear, tie some flies....ya'll get the picture.
Actually, the above is only true when family, church, and work responsibilities allow for it.
Curious to what flies you are tying? I am tying flies for a Green River, UT trip in April (BWO's), lake flies for a large reservoir trip here in Colorado in May (Denny Rickard's patterns), and Mothers Day caddis patterns for a trip in May to local Colorado waters. There are several other fly fishing trips (Wyoming and Colorado) scheduled with friends but no specific patterns involved.
MikeW

Back when I stored my muzzleloaders in the gun cabinet muzzle up, I used a cleaning patch to catch any oil coming out of the nipple or touch hole. Now I store my muzzleloaders muzzle down to allow the oils to run out of the breech. I still like to put a patch over the nipple as a sign that the gun has been cleaned.

Back