• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What powder is better?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to hijack the thread, but I’ve been looking for a funnel/spout for those grafs bottles. If there is such a thing. Any idea where I could start my search? Maybe I’m not looking in the right place or searching for the correct key word. I looked on TOW the other day while ordering a few items, no luck.

Anthony

Not to hijack the thread, but I’ve been looking for a funnel/spout for those grafs bottles. If there is such a thing. Any idea where I could start my search? Maybe I’m not looking in the right place or searching for the correct key word. I looked on TOW the other day while ordering a few items, no luck.

Anthony
Both TOW and DGW should have the plastic/rubber spout caps. I think mine came from TOW.

Not to hijack the thread, but I’ve been looking for a funnel/spout for those grafs bottles. If there is such a thing. Any idea where I could start my search? Maybe I’m not looking in the right place or searching for the correct key wo

Anthony

Anthony
It's not great looking but serves the purpose. A piece of 1/4 copper tubing flared at one end JB welded onto the cap.
DSC_4861.JPG

Graf's powder is Schuetzen powder.

It's on their website.
I agree that Schuetzen makes Graf... My question , however, is if Graf and Schuetzen powder are an identical match. What's the point of Graf rebranding Schuetzen powders when they sell Schuetzen powders??? Why is Graf powders cheaper than Schuetzen powders? ...I mean, they are identical right? This makes me wonder if the rebranded Graf powder might be slightly lesser in quality than it's manufacturer Schuetzen? What's the point of selling identical formulation under two different labels at the same business?... ...is the two identical or not???

PS, I wrapped three rounds of Gorilla tape around my "very puzzled" head, in hopes that it may prevent a blowout...
...Also, I hope I don't have to type Schuetzen one more time today...

I agree that Schuetzen makes Graf... My question , however, is if Graf and Schuetzen powder are an identical match. What's the point of Graf rebranding Schuetzen powders when they sell Schuetzen powders??? Why is Graf powders cheaper than Schuetzen powders? ...I mean, they are identical right? This makes me wonder if the rebranded Graf powder might be slightly lesser in quality than it's manufacturer Schuetzen? What's the point of selling identical formulation under two different labels at the same business?... ...is the two identical or not???

PS, I wrapped three rounds of Gorilla tape around my "very puzzled" head, in hopes that it may prevent a blowout...
I don't know of a Schuetzen store that's known nationwide.

Graf's is known nationwide.

Graf's can buy Schuetzen in bulk and charge less for it.

After shipping and hazmat Schuetzen is still cheaper per pound from Powder Valley than Graf's powder from Graf's . Not by much but still less.

Well thats the way they do. Walmart been doing same thing for 45 yrs

I’ve heard some folks say Schuetzen burns cleaner than Goex. Do you use the same amount as you would Goex in a standard load?

I’ve heard some folks say Schuetzen burns cleaner than Goex. Do you use the same amount as you would Goex in a standard load?
Yes.

Schutetzen and Goex preform almost identical for what I do, though I have found that in my rifles Schutetzen fouls just ever so slightly less and and is ever so slightly more accurate. This could just be the humidity level on that day and other variables. Short answer, for me they are the same.

Latest posts

Back