• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got out and shot the woods runner for the second time.

Attachments

• IMG_5025.jpeg
    IMG_5025.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5026.jpeg
    IMG_5026.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
I found this 1847 Walker at my lgs. Looks to be Parkerized? Anyway I took out the nipples and they looked great so I put some bore butter on them and reinstalled them. Looks like it wasn’t shot after the new finish was done.
Got it for $275 otd. How do you all think I did? Oh, Uberti 1998.
Turns out this is a great shooter too! 30 grains 3f with .454 RB and cream of wheat as a filler.

Attachments

• IMG_1152.jpg
    IMG_1152.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 0
Did you really break something in your hand?
not my hand but my wrist. the ulna. luckily it is a linier fracture. probably more damage from another dose of radiation. its sore as all get out but not the worst i have had. they don't even cast them any more. just wrap. gets me out of doing the dishes and making the bed!😅

not my hand but my wrist. the ulna. luckily it is a linier fracture. probably more damage from another dose of radiation. its sore as all get out but not the worst i have had. they don't even cast them any more. just wrap. gets me out of doing the dishes and making the bed!😅
Hope you get well soon! Those dishes are piling up 😂

I didn't want to waste this lovely Sunday weather, plus a mate was the Range Officer today. I knocked the rear sight over on the .54 Pedersoli Rocky Mountain Hawken to bring the fall of shot toward the centre - it had been shooting a little right yesterday with the heavier charge of 80 grains of Wano FFG. This is the charge I will use on an upcoming hunting trip, rather than my usual 65 grains. I'm stoked with the results at 50 metres, again, benched firmly in bags on the bench, the heavy rifle falling asleep in the leather! There're 9 roundballs on the target, a buddy taking the tenth on his own target for the sheer joy of sharing the experience of a muzzle loader.

Note, square patches work in the Southern Hemisphere, and no waste of the precious pillow ticking.

Cheers, Pete

Square.JPG
Central.JPG

Midway USA sent me a 20% discount (entire order), so I splurged. Just finished unpacking an 1851 "Colt" .44 steel frame pistol with a 7 3/8" barrel and checkered grips (Pietta) and an extra cylinder. Also - two Traditions revolver cylinder loaders and a Ted Cash nipple wrench. Saved over $85.

Pistol may never have been made originally (don't know), but it's pretty, came with an extra cylinder, and nice checkered grips. Also got free shipping. Repurposed gun show money from selling long-left-over-and-unloved "stuff". Happy 75th birthday to me.

Midway USA sent me a 20% discount (entire order), so I splurged. Just finished unpacking an 1851 "Colt" .44 steel frame pistol with a 7 3/8" barrel and checkered grips (Pietta) and an extra cylinder. Also - two Traditions revolver cylinder loaders and a Ted Cash nipple wrench. Saved over $85.

Pistol may never have been made originally (don't know), but it's pretty, came with an extra cylinder, and nice checkered grips. Also got free shipping. Repurposed gun show money from selling long-left-over-and-unloved "stuff". Happy 75th birthday to me.
Happy Birthday!

Back