• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just finished this kibler

Attachments

• 20230612_163016.jpg
    20230612_163016.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230612_163001.jpg
    20230612_163001.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230612_162948.jpg
    20230612_162948.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Made this little scribing tool from scrap pine and finishing nails. It’s not my original idea, but I don’t remember where I saw it used to give due credit! I pilot drilled 1/16” holes and used a little wood glue. The scribe point holds firm in the 1/16” hole. Also I chucked the scribe nail in my drill and rounded the point with a file and sand paper so the edges don’t catch the wood. Found out the hard way before doing that! It works very good, and the base is long enough to reach across barrel channels. Only took a few minutes to build, so several could be made with the scribe at different heights.

Attachments

• IMG_2088.jpeg
    IMG_2088.jpeg
    499.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2052.jpeg
    IMG_2052.jpeg
    552.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2053.jpeg
    IMG_2053.jpeg
    770.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2054.jpeg
    IMG_2054.jpeg
    845.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2055.jpeg
    IMG_2055.jpeg
    764.3 KB · Views: 0
Spent a wonderful couple of hours working with youngest grandson on his first outing with the .50 Traditions Deer Hunter. We started out at 30 yards (pictured) to make sure we could find what the gun was doing and what he was doing with the gun! LOL Turns out we didn't need to be concerned about all that. Photo shows first five shots 50 gr. Pyrodex and .490 ball cast with Lee molds and lead pot (which grandson watched and learned). We took this on out to 75 yards and things begin to get a bit squirrely...sights were adjusted a bit high, but we took care of that and got him back in 2 MOA of white tail engine room. Tomorrow we clean and install a canvas web sling ... and get all the tools he'll need to care and feed the smoke pole.

One of the best things about today was he did the loading, stock whacking, and capping himself... so the muscle memory and ritual of preparing for consistent loads and ignition is well underway.

Attachments

• GunnerMZ.jpg
    GunnerMZ.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Spent a wonderful couple of hours working with youngest grandson on his first outing with the .50 Traditions Deer Hunter. We started out at 30 yards (pictured) to make sure we could find what the gun was doing and what he was doing with the gun! LOL Turns out we didn't need to be concerned about all that. Photo shows first five shots 50 gr. Pyrodex and .490 ball cast with Lee molds and lead pot (which grandson watched and learned). We took this on out to 75 yards and things begin to get a bit squirrely...sights were adjusted a bit high, but we took care of that and got him back in 2 MOA of white tail engine room. Tomorrow we clean and install a canvas web sling ... and get all the tools he'll need to care and feed the smoke pole.

One of the best things about today was he did the loading, stock whacking, and capping himself... so the muscle memory and ritual of preparing for consistent loads and ignition is well underway.
🤗

Yeah... but think of the good memories you have! Hope all went well in the clutches of the AMA. Muzzle loading adds good years to your life.
Well we had thunder and lightning this after noon with much needed rain so I read pryer mountain Bills book on building trade guns .It is a very informative read at that with good instructions.

Does anyone have a source for a 44” x 5/16” Delrin ramrod?

This never happened to me before, but I guess it’s because I’ve always used Delrin or metal ramrods almost from the beginning…

Don’t say it never happens!

And I wasn’t giving it the juice, either. Probably why it didn’t git me any worse than it did.
View attachment 228029

Latest posts

Back