• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What movie would you like to see made?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the first things I thought of was Lewis and Clark. It would probably have to be in a couple of movies, or one really long one, but if done right would be good. A good F&I war flick would be nice as well

Maybe it's the New England boy in me, but as stated earlier I'd love to see an accurate movie on Roger's. Crossing champlain, and the attack into canada. Please make this happen. And if you could toss Daniel Day Lewis in the lead role that'd be great.

I'll go with any of Eckert's narratives making for a good movie. I'd also like to see "White Devil" by Stephen Brumwell made into a movie. Great reading on Robert Rogers and his Rangers, and their attack on the Abenaki village of St. Francis in 1759.

Leading role: Russell Crowe, without a doubt! I think the man is incapable of making a bad movie. "Master and Commander" was moviemaking GENIUS. Johnny Depp can hold his own too. And I'm going to toss in Robert Duvall as a nostalgic favorite. :thumbsup:

Agreed and without a doubt. Any of the Eckert books put to movie would be a popcorn popping, sit-down and shut-up event at my house.

Good call.... :thumbsup:

-----YES --Robert Duvall is great in westerns--love how he talks with hands moving as he is talking----- :idunno:

Its funny how some actors can really pull off the historical roles while others can't. Daniel Day Lewis was excellent in Mohicans, and Gangs of New York. Depp really sinks his teeth into the whole Pirate role. Crowe made an excellent ship captain, and a great example of a truly great leader of men. And Duvall is just a great actor that gives his roles an honesty. Also funny how none of them are the "Hollywood types." In my opinion, historically based movies are the only ones worth watching. And they are striving for better historical accuracy than they have in the past. Used to seem like any movie about mountain men or frontiersmen always ended up feeling like a cowboy flick in years past...not that there's anything wrong with that. :shocked2: :idunno:

If they did an Eckert book with any atention to detail and showed any of the torture scenes he described, you'd regret that popcorn! :shocked2: :barf:

Of course they won't - the MPAA wouldn't allow it. I think the MPAA panel would probably emerge from their screening looking pale and green around the gills...

The story of George Rogers Clark and his taking of the old northwest territory for this country during the Rev War has a lot of potential for a good flick. Few men contributed so much to that conflict, and there is a lot of solid info available about the event. Serious filmmakers only, please.

Spence

How about Stephen Decatur and the Barbary wars? Square riggers muskets scimatars cutlasses and the original Leathernecks would make great action.

Anything about the War of 1812. An era that is really overshadowed by the War for Independance.

Or a BBC or History channel Mini series of Lewis and Clark. (He is actually in my family tree from our family geneology records in N.C.)

Cheers, Don

In movies, it would be good to see a biopic of George Washington during the F&I War. He was in that up to his eyeballs.

But my Great Dream would be to see the Aubrey/Maturin novels serialized on television. All 20 books worth. Including the jokes. :rotf:

Aubrey?mautin would be really awesome!! Loved Master and Commander. It helped my Daughter to understand a bit of the times and how hard they where. (even though it was a Hollywoodized)

I watched John Wayne's "The Searcher's" again the other night and was thinking it would be a wonderful remake though the original is fantastic.

The Frontiersmen by Alan Eckert would make a good movie IMO. It's a great book! :thumbsup:

pecos clay said:
I watched John Wayne's "The Searcher's" again the other night and was thinking it would be a wonderful remake though the original is fantastic.
That was the Dukes best movie imo. Not sure you could do it better,

I agree with tyrone. Id love see a movie based on titus bass i loved the books :thumbsup:

"Blood Meridian" by Cormac McCarthy
if they made that one, it would probably have an X rating if they stuck to the whole book though.

i'd also like "Anything For Billy" by Larry McMurtry

:hmm: I agree the two books by Don Wright. I also think remakes of two movies would be good. The first is"Barborosa"--movie where Willie Nelkson is a bandits who take Gary Busey under his wing. The second is the Rachel Welch western movie "Hannah ???". Can't remmeber the last name. In the movie her husband is murder and she is raped by 3 men, one being Ersnest Borgnine. Robert Gulp is a gunslinger who teaches how to handle a gun. I thought Angeline Jolie would be perfect in the role.

Back