• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What is it with bullet molds ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jakeytoo

40 Cal
Reaction score
This has probably been discussed here before, but what is it with everyone being out of molds ? I’m needing a .600 RB and every place is out and on back order. I’m on Track of the Wolf notification list.

I had one years ago, I sold my smoothbore to a friend along with the mold during a turbulent time in my life, marriage was on the rocks etc. Long story short, he sold the gun back to me for the price I sold to him, minus the mold, which he kept. I’m glad I didn’t include all of the balls I had too !

I have to check my supplies, I think I have a couple hundred poured but not sure.

I may have to give him a call or look him up. He doesn’t shoot anymore, his hands are all gnarled and twisted due to arthritis.

Sent email to
The Gun Works Muzzleloading Emporium

to verify they have in stock before ordering.

I’ll keep you guys in the loop.

I was at the gun store a few weeks ago saw a gun on the wall that’s been hanging there for over two years it was $250 now its $575 and now there $7.99 caps are $18 there is no shortage of anything its just dirt bag vendors cashing in on peoples fear,so you think someone said COVID 19 and every warehouse all of the sudden had no inventory wake up America

If I need to order, I do so only from Log Cabin and The Gun Works.

They both do a fine job and their prices are fair with timely shipping.

The real question here is about how you're buying molds. I've bought a couple recently from a couple sources with no issue. Let's be clear though that these were not "off the shelf" like many are used to with Lee. Since mine were custom cut, the fabrication/ship time were normal. So I don't think there is an issue with molds, just with some companies and expectations from their customer base.

The real question here is about how you're buying molds.

I checked with Lee and dealers before it was suggested that I try The Gun Works. This is still what is up on Lee’s site. Looks like dealers orders are filled first, although I can’t say definitively. The only RB mold they have is stock is .445.

Attachments

• B336D995-2DFF-42BF-A097-20F624A25267.jpeg
    B336D995-2DFF-42BF-A097-20F624A25267.jpeg
    93.3 KB · Views: 56
I checked with Lee and dealers before it was suggested that I try The Gun Works. This is still what is up on Lee’s site. Looks like dealers orders are filled first, although I can’t say definitively. The only RB mold they have is stock is .445.
Like I said, you're dealing "stocking dealers" who maintain a stock of molds. Contact a mold maker and there are no problems.

Like I said, you're dealing "stocking dealers" who maintain a stock of molds. Contact a mold maker and there are no problems.

I don’t need to. I got what I wanted in a few days time. Dealers were out of stock because Lee was out of stock. The screenshot I posted is from Lee’s site.

A little diligence and I’ve scored a used Lee .395 for $10 on Ebay, and a new Lee .390 for $38.55 including shipping from
1625676238544.jpeg

Latest posts

Back